Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 37,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bounty] Regional Sim Unlock SM-N900/N9005 and more..

Tip us?
 
yoedba
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default [Bounty] Regional Sim Unlock SM-N900/N9005 and more..

Hi,
I have been searching and reading everything I could find on XDA for hours and hours daily and it seems there is no real solution for the region lock. The N9005 has limited success and the locked SM-N900 has had almost no success. It is already possible and Chainfire has demonstrated that you need to clear the networks blacklist. Surely there is someone who can implement this for all models or at least give detailed enough directions for other people to do themselves. Current unlock services are charging anywhere from $20-40 and some phones like my SM-N900 can't even be unlocked.

I am starting a bounty hopefully this gets some talented developers attentions and we can get somewhere.
Me-$30
 
yoedba
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Reserved for Donations

Donations so far...
 
avenging
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 292
Join Date: Sep 2013
where are you from? all the exynos note 3 here are all unlocked, only the 4G ones are locked but not in all stores...
 
yoedba
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Region lock

I bought the phone in the US- it is the SM-N900 Latin america version and it is region locked. It seems all SM-N900's except the ones from Asia are locked: Middle east, Africa, Latin america etc... And I am sure this is only the beginning. It seems many people are having problems with all of the other version: N9005, N900Q, N900T and all those other models...
I see no reason this won't work for the S4 either. It just needs to be explored more...
 
elifar
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Unhappy N9005 Region Lock can't be unlocked

I have purchased my N9005 in Europe and have activated it there.
I then inserted an Israeli SIM card, installed the RegionLock Away but unfortunately it doesn't work. Still locked.
I have also approached some Unlocking paid services but no unlock codes could be found for my IMEI.
Any more creative ideas on how to unlock this stupid and abusive Region Lock?
 
MadCat108
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Same, seems there is no solution for i9500
 
yoedba
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Feb 2011
If you guys want to encourage a developer you might want to join in on the bounty and offer to donate...
 
dmitrik
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elifar View Post
I have purchased my N9005 in Europe and have activated it there.
I then inserted an Israeli SIM card, installed the RegionLock Away but unfortunately it doesn't work. Still locked.
I have also approached some Unlocking paid services but no unlock codes could be found for my IMEI.
Any more creative ideas on how to unlock this stupid and abusive Region Lock?
him need network unlock pin code?
-
 
bisceglianr
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default SM N900 unlock seems impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoedba View Post
Hi,
I have been searching and reading everything I could find on XDA for hours and hours daily and it seems there is no real solution for the region lock. The N9005 has limited success and the locked SM-N900 has had almost no success. It is already possible and Chainfire has demonstrated that you need to clear the networks blacklist. Surely there is someone who can implement this for all models or at least give detailed enough directions for other people to do themselves. Current unlock services are charging anywhere from $20-40 and some phones like my SM-N900 can't even be unlocked.

I am starting a bounty hopefully this gets some talented developers attentions and we can get somewhere.
Me-$30
I am exactly the same situation, I have a SM N900 from Amazon thatregion locked to the America's and Caribbean. I am serving in western Africa and do not have access to an USA Sim card. All measure to SIM unlock this phone have failed. I ordered a T-Mobile sim that I am still waiting on delivery but I do not have a lot of confidence that it will work. I hope someone can come up with a practical solution. I would be more than happy to add $30 to the bounty!
 
Rickdaddy
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 236
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoedba View Post
I bought the phone in the US- it is the SM-N900 Latin america version and it is region locked. It seems all SM-N900's except the ones from Asia are locked: Middle east, Africa, Latin america etc... And I am sure this is only the beginning. It seems many people are having problems with all of the other version: N9005, N900Q, N900T and all those other models...
I see no reason this won't work for the S4 either. It just needs to be explored more...
900t here, no problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471742

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes