Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Bounty] Regional Sim Unlock SM-N900/N9005 and more..

OP yoedba

1st November 2013, 03:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
Hi,
I have been searching and reading everything I could find on XDA for hours and hours daily and it seems there is no real solution for the region lock. The N9005 has limited success and the locked SM-N900 has had almost no success. It is already possible and Chainfire has demonstrated that you need to clear the networks blacklist. Surely there is someone who can implement this for all models or at least give detailed enough directions for other people to do themselves. Current unlock services are charging anywhere from $20-40 and some phones like my SM-N900 can't even be unlocked.

I am starting a bounty hopefully this gets some talented developers attentions and we can get somewhere.
Me-$30
1st November 2013, 03:52 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

56 posts
Reserved for Donations
Donations so far...
1st November 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 56

447 posts
where are you from? all the exynos note 3 here are all unlocked, only the 4G ones are locked but not in all stores...
1st November 2013, 03:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

56 posts
Region lock
I bought the phone in the US- it is the SM-N900 Latin america version and it is region locked. It seems all SM-N900's except the ones from Asia are locked: Middle east, Africa, Latin america etc... And I am sure this is only the beginning. It seems many people are having problems with all of the other version: N9005, N900Q, N900T and all those other models...
I see no reason this won't work for the S4 either. It just needs to be explored more...
2nd November 2013, 06:22 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Unhappy N9005 Region Lock can't be unlocked
I have purchased my N9005 in Europe and have activated it there.
I then inserted an Israeli SIM card, installed the RegionLock Away but unfortunately it doesn't work. Still locked.
I have also approached some Unlocking paid services but no unlock codes could be found for my IMEI.
Any more creative ideas on how to unlock this stupid and abusive Region Lock?
3rd November 2013, 01:53 PM   |  #6  

6 posts
Same, seems there is no solution for i9500
3rd November 2013, 05:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

56 posts
If you guys want to encourage a developer you might want to join in on the bounty and offer to donate...
4th November 2013, 03:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag CIS
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elifar

I have purchased my N9005 in Europe and have activated it there.
I then inserted an Israeli SIM card, installed the RegionLock Away but unfortunately it doesn't work. Still locked.
I have also approached some Unlocking paid services but no unlock codes could be found for my IMEI.
Any more creative ideas on how to unlock this stupid and abusive Region Lock?

him need network unlock pin code?
24th November 2013, 08:43 PM   |  #9  

1 posts
SM N900 unlock seems impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoedba

Hi,
I have been searching and reading everything I could find on XDA for hours and hours daily and it seems there is no real solution for the region lock. The N9005 has limited success and the locked SM-N900 has had almost no success. It is already possible and Chainfire has demonstrated that you need to clear the networks blacklist. Surely there is someone who can implement this for all models or at least give detailed enough directions for other people to do themselves. Current unlock services are charging anywhere from $20-40 and some phones like my SM-N900 can't even be unlocked.

I am starting a bounty hopefully this gets some talented developers attentions and we can get somewhere.
Me-$30

I am exactly the same situation, I have a SM N900 from Amazon thatregion locked to the America's and Caribbean. I am serving in western Africa and do not have access to an USA Sim card. All measure to SIM unlock this phone have failed. I ordered a T-Mobile sim that I am still waiting on delivery but I do not have a lot of confidence that it will work. I hope someone can come up with a practical solution. I would be more than happy to add $30 to the bounty!
25th November 2013, 12:37 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 37

254 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoedba

I bought the phone in the US- it is the SM-N900 Latin america version and it is region locked. It seems all SM-N900's except the ones from Asia are locked: Middle east, Africa, Latin america etc... And I am sure this is only the beginning. It seems many people are having problems with all of the other version: N9005, N900Q, N900T and all those other models...
I see no reason this won't work for the S4 either. It just needs to be explored more...

900t here, no problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471742

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread