XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Question Should I return my XT1028 (Verizon) model for the XT1031 (Boost)?

OP Kwipper

13th June 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Rolling Meadows, IL
Thanks Meter: 15

57 posts
It seems that it is virtually impossible to get perm root on the Verizon due to locked bootloader. I bought my Moto G XT1028 for $49.99 from Best Buy about a week ago and the Boost version currently costs $99.99. Should I do this. Will the XT1031 (Boost) version be a better experience for modding purposes?
13th June 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag NYC

134 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwipper

It seems that it is virtually impossible to get perm root on the Verizon due to locked bootloader. I bought my Moto G XT1028 for $49.99 from Best Buy about a week ago and the Boost version currently costs $99.99. Should I do this. Will the XT1031 (Boost) version be a better experience for modding purposes?

Yes, the bootloader on the boost version can be unlocked via motorola just like the gsm models. Currently the only way to get this done on the verizon model is to pay some random guy in china $45, and thats only if he can get an unlock code for your specific device, which brings the total cost of the phone to nearly the same amount as the boost version.
13th June 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Rolling Meadows, IL

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blcistheking

Yes, the bootloader on the boost version can be unlocked via motorola just like the gsm models. Currently the only way to get this done on the verizon model is to pay some random guy in china $45, and thats only if he can get an unlock code for your specific device, which brings the total cost of the phone to nearly the same amount as the boost version.

Alrighty then, I'll be returning this as soon as Best Buy opens.
13th June 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
Before you return it
Boost is running a deal right now where you can get upto a $100 phone for free in boost stores. Check the boostmobile.com site for full details, but I think if you go into the store and get a monthly unlimited plan you can get the moto g for free. If they still do the number porting deal they will also give you $50 in credit for porting your verizon number to them, and on top of that PM me the email address you will use for boost and I will send you a referral and get us both a $25 credit (takes about 2 weeks to get the credit) . If you dont trust me knowing your email address just get a friend to send you the referral and you can both have a $25 credit.
14th June 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Rolling Meadows, IL

57 posts
Wow. What a difference the XT1031 made. I was able to unlock the bootloader and root it easily. I now currently have Cyanogenmod 11 installed on this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread