[Q] How To unbrick LG P714 -Help-

Search This thread

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
thank you. I followed the steps but nothing happen. it fails on 16% and still not shown in adb devices. mydevice is recognized as USB Modem and AndroidNet USB Port .

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
thank you. I followed the steps but nothing happen. it fails on 16% and still not shown in adb devices. mydevice is recognized as USB Modem and AndroidNet USB Port .

Did you try exactly procedure described in http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7-l9-ii/development/kk-kk-kdz-p710-root-t2950532 ?
With downloaded kdz for your model from this page.
Please uninstall before procedure all your LG drivers, and other LG software(and uptestex mod. if you have it) restart PC, install driver from http://www.mediafire.com/download/g31hbcdmh14io89/LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN311AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.11.3.exe.
After that install LGFlash tool 2014, restart pc and follow the procedure.
If you still have error message, please post screenshot.
And please, if procedure fail at 4 or more %, try to flash again with same procedure.

Thanks

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
Did you try exactly procedure described in http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7-l9-ii/development/kk-kk-kdz-p710-root-t2950532 ?
With downloaded kdz for your model from this page.
Please uninstall before procedure all your LG drivers, and other LG software(and uptestex mod. if you have it) restart PC, install driver from http://www.mediafire.com/download/g31hbcdmh14io89/LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN311AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.11.3.exe.
After that install LGFlash tool 2014, restart pc and follow the procedure.
If you still have error message, please post screenshot.
And please, if procedure fail at 4 or more %, try to flash again with same procedure.

Thanks

Thank you for help.
I tried it exact same way as described but still no success. I tried flash many times but it always stuck on 4%. I am using dell inspiron 5520 and having windows 8.1 . Please let me know what screenshots you need.
Thank you,
Harish

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
Thank you for help.
I tried it exact same way as described but still no success. I tried flash many times but it always stuck on 4%. I am using dell inspiron 5520 and having windows 8.1 . Please let me know what screenshots you need.
Thank you,
Harish
OK, post screenshot of flashtool message alert window and error popup (drag popup if covers message window).
And try this:
When flash tool send you error message (on 4%) just turn off device (dont unplug cable), and restart tool.
If this dont work with flash tool, try the same with Uptestexmod.

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
OK, post screenshot of flashtool message alert window and error popup (drag popup if covers message window).
And try this:
When flash tool send you error message (on 4%) just turn off device (dont unplug cable), and restart tool.
If this dont work with flash tool, try the same with Uptestexmod.
Please see the screenshots. I followed your instructions but seems no success this time too. I am posting both error screen I got from Flash tool and KDZ Updater tool.
I also tried another ROM found on XDA another forum but it also flashed upto 14% and then failed. I found both rom given error on WParam:100 and LParam64

Thank you,
Harish

Attachments

• screen3.png
    screen3.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 221
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 222
  • screen1.png
    screen1.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 215

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
Please see the screenshots. I followed your instructions but seems no success this time too. I am posting both error screen I got from Flash tool and KDZ Updater tool.
I also tried another ROM found on XDA another forum but it also flashed upto 14% and then failed. I found both rom given error on WParam:100 and LParam64

Thank you,
Harish

Do not try to flash kdz for another device (v20d on your screenshot)!
Which one kdz reach 14%?
Try this version of uptestex (read readme) https://app.box.com/s/90e02gasy7rl3d97n2b2
Run enabler (click to on), and flash.
It is small chance to recover device, but you must try anything before last chance-go to service... If you read posts in this forum, anyone who try to flash other devices firmware stay bricked.
And try in DIAG mode.
And download kdz for Your phone P714. Official if you dont want my (Israel) version.

Last edited:

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
Do not try to flash kdz for another device (v20d on your screenshot)!
Which one kdz reach 14%?
Try this version of uptestex (read readme) https://app.box.com/s/90e02gasy7rl3d97n2b2
Run enabler (click to on), and flash.
It is small chance to recover device, but you must try anything before last chance-go to service... If you read posts in this forum, anyone who try to flash other devices firmware stay bricked.
And try in DIAG mode.
And download kdz for Your phone P714. Official if you dont want my (Israel) version.

My phone is P715 dual sim. I downloaded that kdz from the post you referenced for P715 dual sim. I'll try kdzx updater offline too.

Thank you,
Harish

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
My phone is P715 dual sim. I downloaded that kdz from the post you referenced for P715 dual sim. I'll try kdzx updater offline too.

Thank you,
Harish
Yes, P715 version (made by vvitaly) from my post is OK.
What happens when you try to enter recovery (quick memo, vol-, power)?
Please post results (if any)...

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
Yes, P715 version (made by vvitaly) from my post is OK.
What happens when you try to enter recovery (quick memo, vol-, power)?
Please post results (if any)...

When i try to enter into recovery it only shows blue strips on whole screen. I checked the logs and seems that Partition table is mismatched when i try to flash KDZ. I tried to find if I could rewrite the partition table ( I did it for my galaxy before ) but my device is not recognized by "abd" . I think my phone is now gone case and I need to go to service station. I had hope that I could make it myself as I did many times with my samsung phones but seems LG is unbrickable but also not recoverable too :)

thank you for your help and I really appreciate XDA and it's members who always ready to help.

Thank you,
Harish

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
Don t go to service yet. Let me get home. Thing is you have download mode and you can flash pit file on a samsung. Let me look into it maybe we can solve it.

Sent from my LG-P710 using XDA Free mobile app

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
@harishc, stupud question, did you try to flash official kdz for your device/country/provider with official LG software (lgmobileupdate/support tool)? JB one?

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
@harishc, stupud question, did you try to flash official kdz for your device/country/provider with official LG software (lgmobileupdate/support tool)? JB one?

yes I tried it many times. used both official softwares, LG PC Suit and LG Update tool. if you know how i can rewrite the partition table then it will be a great help.

thank you,
Harish

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

as I mentioned I flashed P700 rom and after it bricked. Right now only rom for P700 flashes upto 99% and my device boots into yellow screen after it but my PC not recognized my phone when it boot into yellow screen. If I plug usb cable while pressing vol down button it goes again blue screen and my devices recognized by my PC.

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
yes I tried it many times. used both official softwares, LG PC Suit and LG Update tool. if you know how i can rewrite the partition table then it will be a great help.

thank you,
Harish

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

as I mentioned I flashed P700 rom and after it bricked. Right now only rom for P700 flashes upto 99% and my device boots into yellow screen after it but my PC not recognized my phone when it boot into yellow screen. If I plug usb cable while pressing vol down button it goes again blue screen and my devices recognized by my PC.

Can you get in Emergency mode? If yes then it is not hardbricked. I am just telling you because I just bricked my p710 (recognized as Unknown and in QDL by Ubuntu) that is a hardbrick. If you can get in emergency mode you can recover that (first 2 bootloaders are intact if you can emergency and you are fine). You are just doing something wrong might be related to Windows, Drivers, etc. In no case it's a hardbrick if you can see the yellow screen.

And actually each KDZ has the partition table hardcoded in. So if you flash a different KDZ (for P700) you changed partition layout if you flesh P710 KDZ you change partition layout again.

Last edited:

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
I only see blue strips all over the screen thus could not be sure that it is in emergency mode or not. but yes my phone is detected as P715 by LG official updater and pc suit.

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
I only see blue strips all over the screen thus could not be sure that it is in emergency mode or not. but yes my phone is detected as P715 by LG official updater and pc suit.

Emergency mode you may reach when your device is turned off, then press vol- and connect usb cable (with PC). On yellow screen appears word Emergency.
You don't get it?
Blue stripes on screen means that (maybe) wrong kernel try to reproduce picture with wrong vga drivers from system partition(probably from P700).
Kdz flash at first QCSBL, then OEMSBL...bootloader, then kernel, radio system, and at the end recovery and bootsplash.
So if you pass approx. 4% of right kdz, you have good bootloader and kernel, but you cant flash system partition, and noone solve this problem with our devices.
When someone discover how to flash only recovery, your problem will be solved.
Try to connect (when you look at blue stripes) device with PC, and check if ADB working.

And if you have nothing to loose, and want to try something different, please read this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51612244&postcount=2
If service for your device is not option, after installing LGFlashtool from this post, PM me.

Last edited:

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
Emergency mode you may reach when your device is turned off, then press vol- and connect usb cable (with PC). On yellow screen appears word Emergency.
You don't get it?
Blue stripes on screen means that (maybe) wrong kernel try to reproduce picture with wrong vga drivers from system partition(probably from P700).
Kdz flash at first QCSBL, then OEMSBL...bootloader, then kernel, radio system, and at the end recovery and bootsplash.
So if you pass approx. 4% of right kdz, you have good bootloader and kernel, but you cant flash system partition, and noone solve this problem with our devices.
When someone discover how to flash only recovery, your problem will be solved.
Try to connect (when you look at blue stripes) device with PC, and check if ADB working.

And if you have nothing to loose, and want to try something different, please read this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51612244&postcount=2
If service for your device is not option, after installing LGFlashtool from this post, PM me.

you are correct, after checking logs I am assure that it is not flashing the system partition properly. I tried the post you given but same problem. Giving error F000002 after 4% . also ADB is not working. my device is not recognized in "adb devices"
No I am not going to service station if I could fix it myself :)

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
you are correct, after checking logs I am assure that it is not flashing the system partition properly. I tried the post you given but same problem. Giving error F000002 after 4% . also ADB is not working. my device is not recognized in "adb devices"
No I am not going to service station if I could fix it myself :)

Kernel shouldn't be any real problem. You see Emergency Mode or not? If QCSBL or OEMSBL is damanged you pretty much are screwed. So can you see Emergency mode or not?

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
no i can not see emergency mode. I only can see either blue strips or yellow strips.

That's not good after all it has been written over the 2nd bootloader. Don't worry mine is truly hardbrick I have written over the NAND by mistake while testing recoveries. Hmmm if you plug it in your pc while it is powered off. Just pull battery plug usb. Tell me. Does the PC recognizes it?

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
no i can not see emergency mode. I only can see either blue strips or yellow strips.

Let's start from beginning.
Please, pull out your battery from device.
Press volume down (vol-) button, and connect usb cable (while still pressing vol- button). Hold pressing for a while...
After that you get the emergency mode (yellow screen with word 'Emergency')
Right?

Top Liked Posts