No registration required

[APP][4.0+] MP4 Video Repair

OP iwobanas

13th June 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110

123 posts
More
Has your phone battery ever died during video recording and you ended up with the unplayable file?
If so, Video Repair is for your!

Video Repair allows easy recovery of corrupted MP4 files recorded with Android devices. At the moment it supports H264, AAC and MPEG4-SP (the last one is rather slow). If other codecs turn out to be popular Iíll implement it as well. If your recording got interrupted and youíre getting "Can't play this video." error message when trying to open the video Video Repair should be able to fix it. All you need is another working video file recorded using the same camera settings which can be used as reference. Video Repair will attempt to automatically pick the reference file.

Video Repair doesnít support fixing or transoding of videos downloaded from the internet or recorded with other devices.

This app is a work-in-progress.
The UI isnít polished yet but the main functionality is stable.
I successfully recovered couple video files recorded on different devices (luckily all my devices used H264/AAC codecs). I wanted to release it asap so that I can get your feedback and judge what are the common problems with broken files.

Video Repair is now free on Google Play !
Support the development of this app by in-app purchase.

Please post your feedback below.
If your video can't be recovered by current version of Video Repair and you're OK with sharing it please email me a broken video and another short video recorded with the same device to android.video.repair@gmail.com . I'll do my best to allow fixing of your file in future versions of Video Repair.

Smallprint
Video Repair uses unmodified code of JAAD library licensed under LGPL.
Last edited by iwobanas; 29th August 2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Donate button added
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 114

648 posts
any future support for mp4?

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtruckincowboy

any future support for mp4?

You're asking about MPEG4-SP (mp4v) video codec?
I'm working on this feature right now. So far I managed to recover some short videos but there are still some artifacts which I need to fix.
Please send me some sample videos (two couple seconds long videos is enough) to android.video.repair@gmail.com so that I can ensure that your codec is supported in the future updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 114

648 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwobanas

You're asking about MPEG4-SP (mp4v) video codec?
I'm working on this feature right now. So far I managed to recover some short videos but there are still some artifacts which I need to fix.
Please send me some sample videos (two couple seconds long videos is enough) to android.video.repair@gmail.com so that I can ensure that your codec is supported in the future updates.

i took a 5 min video with my galazy s4.
it wasn't recoverable i believe. no pc program would do it. so thanks anyways i changed the codec I'm using.

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theftie

Works great. I consider to donate to support dev soon.

Awesome! I'd appreciate if you could leave a comment on Google Play so that others know that the app is a real thing.
20th July 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #6  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I've a Galaxy S3 and it normally generates mp4 files but left me with a temp_video file. I "fixed" it with your app and on the phone the audio is "OK" I think but the video is maybe 1/2 time? If I play it on my PC with vlc media player, both audio and video are choppy and if I play it with the windows media player it's the same as on my phone - audio is the right speed but the video is maybe 1/2 time or so. Should my phone be supported? I'd send you the file but it's 1.2G or so... I could put it up on an ftp server if you like? PM me?
30th July 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff909

I've a Galaxy S3 and it normally generates mp4 files but left me with a temp_video file. I "fixed" it with your app and on the phone the audio is "OK" I think but the video is maybe 1/2 time? If I play it on my PC with vlc media player, both audio and video are choppy and if I play it with the windows media player it's the same as on my phone - audio is the right speed but the video is maybe 1/2 time or so.

Yes, Galaxy S3 is supported.
I added some fixes in the latest update (version 0.2.4) which should make a playback consistent on VLC and Android video player.
Unfortunately in the file you sent me the camera crashed in the middle of the recording so there is video only for the first half of the file, the rest is audio only. There is no way to recover more video since is not there Optimistically, the glass is half full tho (half of the file is playable)!
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwobanas

Yes, Galaxy S3 is supported.
I added some fixes in the latest update (version 0.2.4) which should make a playback consistent on VLC and Android video player.
Unfortunately in the file you sent me the camera crashed in the middle of the recording so there is video only for the first half of the file, the rest is audio only. There is no way to recover more video since is not there Optimistically, the glass is half full tho (half of the file is playable)!

Phone died at the end of recording video and left temp file. I couldn't get your app to recognize it until I renamed it temp_file.mp4. Ran it and it worked on the first minute and a half. The video is 22 minutes long. Any advice?

BTW this is the furthest I have gotten with the video out of almost 10 programs- keep up the good work!
8th August 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 288

304 posts
More
I have 3 .tmp files and I'm using one .mp4 file as a reference. Worked like a charm. If anyone has problems importing the files, make sure they're in .tmp extension. Good project. Keep up the development. You are saving a lot of people's data. Cheers.
8th August 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 12

53 posts
OH GOD IT WORKED , I swear i tried like every program on the internet but none of them worked, some worked but the video was out of sync with the audio but this great app worked in matter of seconds . I LOVE YOU <3
please tell me how to donate as i don't have a credit card

THANKS!! <3

i'll finish all the Thanks on you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix, mp4, repair, video
Previous Thread Next Thread