Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

[Q] Find 7 partitioning?

OP ErnstJanF

17th June 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Langweer
Thanks Meter: 1

62 posts
More
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a Find 7 or 7a, but the only thing I think is lame is the partition where you only get 3GB of app storage (which is probably not enough to play a modern game), can any of you confirm this is the case and if it is, will this be changeable by some smart XDA-user?
18th June 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

137 posts
You can view my thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784964.

Some info I put there.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zabih107 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #3  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,468

13,355 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnstJanF

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a Find 7 or 7a, but the only thing I think is lame is the partition where you only get 3GB of app storage (which is probably not enough to play a modern game), can any of you confirm this is the case and if it is, will this be changeable by some smart XDA-user?

Modern games already support putting the majority of their data onto the sd card. It's only a select few poorly authored games that use /data and not /sdcard for all data.

As much as I dislike that Oppo has stuck with the legacy storage configuration, the reality is that it doesn't affect most users. I have over 1GB free on /data myself for example, in fact if anything I'm annoyed I can't use that for /sdcard.

There's a solution I've got in mind but haven't had the time to work on as I'm still trying to finish basic device bringup with Omni and general non-device-specific Omni stuff.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

94 posts
Can you still move apps if you're on KitKat? I'm assuming, no?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread