Pulled the trigger on the Note PRO 12.2 today with FREE Keyboard

OP ElCamino

27th May 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79

495 posts
Happen to be at Best Buy and had always thought the the price was a bit high for the Note PRO 12.2. But today it was on sale, which by the way I was only going to get the 12.2 PRO. My wife said you might as well get the Note PRO for $649.99 and got the $129.99 Samsung keyboard for free. So far, really liking what Samsung has done with this Android tablet. I'm still a Windows user but this really comes close to what I need to get done.

I already tried using a Remote application to access my Surface Pro 2 tablet and works great. I haven't loaded the remote app that Samsung provides. I will continue to use this and test out for on the road use.

*Update: The FREE keyboard deal ended on May 29th.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ElCamino; 9th June 2014 at 05:32 AM.
27th May 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bihac
Thanks Meter: 13

121 posts
More
Thumbs up
Good luck with your new tab, and keep us updated amigo!
27th May 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
I did the same over the weekend. I have to admit, this thing is big!!

27th May 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Beyond human comprehension
Thanks Meter: 78

386 posts
More
Congrats and welcome to the forums👍
28th May 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 63

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino

Happen to be at Best Buy and had always thought the the price was a bit high for the Note PRO 12.2. But today it was on sale, which by the way I was only going to get the 12.2 PRO. My wife said you might as well get the Note PRO for $649.99 and got the $129.99 Samsung keyboard for free.

I had a chance to try the Note Pro 12.2 at Best Buy (they didn't have a display unit but the Samsung rep had her personal tablet available to try). I was surprised by how much I liked it... I expected to be put off by the size. I went ahead and picked one up -- the extra screen real estate makes for a great inking experience with the S Pen.
28th May 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

495 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Omnipresent*

Congrats and welcome to the forums👍

Thanks... Have to admit. The Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 makes a great Note Pad. Used it today for meetings and really liking the real estate compared to my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Can't wait for the FREE keyboard to arrive. Right now I am using the HP Bluetooth keyboard and a BT Microsoft pointer mouse.
28th May 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

495 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavkic

Good luck with your new tab, and keep us updated amigo!

Sure will... By the way I did think of getting the Verizon Note PRO 12.2, but I have AT&T. Do you know if the Verizon Note PRO is carrier unlocked? This is also on sale for $749 and would get FREE keyboard. I already have a few tablets on AT&T and use the SIM card from the tablets to use on the other tablets.
28th May 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

495 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double07

I did the same over the weekend. I have to admit, this thing is big!!

Which color did you get? I was thinking of getting the white one, but ended up getting the black one like my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. How are you liking the Note PRO 12.2?
28th May 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

495 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren

I had a chance to try the Note Pro 12.2 at Best Buy (they didn't have a display unit but the Samsung rep had her personal tablet available to try). I was surprised by how much I liked it... I expected to be put off by the size. I went ahead and picked one up -- the extra screen real estate makes for a great inking experience with the S Pen.

I agree. Without trying it, you might think it is too big. When I first tested the Note PRO and the Tab PRO at CES, I really thought I would pick one up at some point. But I wanted the price to drop. I almost purchased when it had dropped $100 off, but with the FREE keyboard, made me get one.
28th May 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #10  
Flag Bihac
Thanks Meter: 13

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino

Sure will... By the way I did think of getting the Verizon Note PRO 12.2, but I have AT&T. Do you know if the Verizon Note PRO is carrier unlocked? This is also on sale for $749 and would get FREE keyboard. I already have a few tablets on AT&T and use the SIM card from the tablets to use on the other tablets.

TBH I have no idea, but if I had to guess I'd say it's locked (Verizon being Verizon and all...)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread