Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 46,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M7 Bricked Please Help Me

Tip us?

Gabeisreal
Old
(Last edited by Gabeisreal; 13th June 2014 at 11:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HTC One M7 Bricked Please Help Me

Rooted, Unlocked Bootloader, S-On, had InsertCoin ROM flashed and TWRP

Today, I was just using my phone normally and all of a sudden, it rebooted into recovery and I could't reboot out of it. I tried wiping the caches and booting from some back ups and none of that worked. It was while trying to boot from a day 1 backup I had saved that my phone bricked.

From there, tried the light trick, and holding the power/vol buttons with no avail. Its completely unresponsive, though my PC makes the noises when I plug it in even though the phone isn't showing up as a device.

Please help, I'm getting scared that I have no options here.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 942

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabeisreal View Post
Rooted, S-On, had InsertCoin ROM flashed and TWRP

Today, I was just using my phone normally and all of a sudden, it rebooted into recovery and I could't reboot out of it. I tried wiping the caches and booting from some back ups and none of that worked. It was while trying to boot from a day 1 backup I had saved that my phone bricked.

From there, tried the light trick, and holding the power/vol buttons with no avail. Its completely unresponsive, though my PC makes the noises when I plug it in even though the phone isn't showing up as a device.

Please help, I'm getting scared that I have no options here.
so your phone is only booting to recovery? does it boot in bootloader mode? What does it show in windows device manager?
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

Gabeisreal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
so your phone is only booting to recovery? does it boot in bootloader mode? What does it show in windows device manager?
so the problem right now is that it is bricked. It won't respond to anything and it won't turn on. But before that, the problem I was trying to fix myself was that it was only booting to recovery, though it was able to also boot into bootloader mode.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabeisreal View Post
so the problem right now is that it is bricked. It won't respond to anything and it won't turn on. But before that, the problem I was trying to fix myself was that it was only booting to recovery, though it was able to also boot into bootloader mode.
Call in the warranty ambulance.

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Hopefully they can't get it to boot either otherwise they won't cover the warranty because you modified it

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app