Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more
Post Reply

Halo on screen

OP berndblb

14th June 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #1  
berndblb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 932
 
2,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Has anybody seen something like this before and can explain what it is?
Touch works fine, functionality is not impaired, but it's right in the center of the screen and is going to bug the heck out of me!!

Edit: Shoot! Screen shot does not capture it. It's an eliptical halo (a circle or ring of light).

Last edited by berndblb; 14th June 2014 at 06:30 AM.
14th June 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #2  
berndblb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 932
 
2,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Never mind... After using the tablet for 30 minutes or so, it just disappeared.
Anybody have an idea what that was??
14th June 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #3  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,125
 
11,638 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Never mind... After using the tablet for 30 minutes or so, it just disappeared.
Anybody have an idea what that was??

Aliens?

Could be a water mark others have reported? Are you in a humid area?
14th June 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #4  
berndblb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 932
 
2,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

Aliens?

Ha! Could be... I was very close to Area 51 recently.
I'm afraid it may be "The Ring" - Help!


Quote:

Could be a water mark others have reported? Are you in a humid area?

Nope. Bone dry here
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Has anybody seen something like this before and can explain what it is?
Touch works fine, functionality is not impaired, but it's right in the center of the screen and is going to bug the heck out of me!!

Edit: Shoot! Screen shot does not capture it. It's an eliptical halo (a circle or ring of light).

Got the same issue exactly. Mine got squeezed in a bag, and the center of the screen touched the LCD.
The halo slowly dissapered over the next few minutes. This happened 3 times so far.

I replaced my portfolio after that because with it, the cover is not totally flat over the screen because of the claw that squeeze the tablet, and if you put something over the tablet, the portfolio cover bend in the center, so all the pressure is at one place.

Replaced it with the TransCover, everything fine now.

My old portfolio was like this model:

The Following User Says Thank You to ndompierre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #6  
berndblb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 932
 
2,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndompierre

Got the same issue exactly. Mine got squeezed in a bag, and the center of the screen touched the LCD.
The halo slowly dissapered over the next few minutes. This happened 3 times so far.

I replaced my portfolio after that because with it, the cover is not totally flat over the screen because of the claw that squeeze the tablet, and if you put something over the tablet, the portfolio cover bend in the center, so all the pressure is at one place.

Replaced it with the TransCover, everything fine now.

Hmmm - it did happen after I came back from a trip. Tablet was clamshell closed in a bag, no cover though. Could be that it got squeezed, that i threw another bag on top or some such..
Thanks for responding. I will be more careful now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Transformer TF701 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank