Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Angry Wheres the Development??

OP royredman

30th April 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
470 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Hi, I really love this tablet lineup alot. I have the tf300t and it has alot of Developer Support. I love this brand specifically because it allows me to type up school related documents when I need to and has an awesome battery life. I wanted to get the TF701, but it seems completely empty on the developer support. Why is this? Is it a crappy tablet? Does no one care about this tablet anymore?

If this isn't a suggested tablet, what is a suggested one that has a keyboard with it?
30th April 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #2  
YayYouFixedIt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by royredman

Hi, I really love this tablet lineup alot. I have the tf300t and it has alot of Developer Support. I love this brand specifically because it allows me to type up school related documents when I need to and has an awesome battery life. I wanted to get the TF701, but it seems completely empty on the developer support. Why is this? Is it a crappy tablet? Does no one care about this tablet anymore?

If this isn't a suggested tablet, what is a suggested one that has a keyboard with it?

This tablet is good. It may not be the best but people complain about everything even though ALIENS MADE IT!
Just look at all the complaints below this thread. They killed it. End of story.
No I dont know really. I think the developement is has been quite good so far. It might not be busy here but that could change.
Last edited by YayYouFixedIt; 30th April 2014 at 03:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to YayYouFixedIt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #3  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,252
 
11,668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
I'm here.

New CROMBi-kk in the works for this weekend hopefully
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
470 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

I'm here.

New CROMBi-kk in the works for this weekend hopefully

Hey man, I seriously am so appreciative for all you work man. I used CROMI-X all the time on my tf300t. Your Rom and the AOSP roms motivated me to stay with the tf300t. You have done an awesome job and I appreciate all your time with your ROMS.

I guess I have gotten spoiled with having the opportunity of tasting all the different Roms Available for devices like the the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4 and the TF300t.

I was just curious if the lack of developers on this tablet made me think there was a serious issue with the tablet.

Now doing some research, even the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet doesn't have much developer support either even after being so popular.
1st May 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #5  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,068
 
3,214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royredman

Hey man, I seriously am so appreciative for all you work man. I used CROMI-X all the time on my tf300t. Your Rom and the AOSP roms motivated me to stay with the tf300t. You have done an awesome job and I appreciate all your time with your ROMS.

I guess I have gotten spoiled with having the opportunity of tasting all the different Roms Available for devices like the the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4 and the TF300t.

I was just curious if the lack of developers on this tablet made me think there was a serious issue with the tablet.

Now doing some research, even the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet doesn't have much developer support either even after being so popular.

And that's exactly it: The TF701 and the Z2 may just be so good on stock that there is very little demand for development. Any market is ruled by demand and supply - even free one's [emoji189]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

And that's exactly it: The TF701 and the Z2 may just be so good on stock that there is very little demand for development. Any market is ruled by demand and supply - even free one's [emoji189]

I agree, that TF701 performs pretty darn well with the stock rom. While the TF700 begged for custom roms (to solve issues like the need to turn off FSYNC), it took me a lot longer to unlock the device and install the customized sbdags version. His version is awesome, but I agree that the need is not as apparent as it was on previous devices, presumably because the hardware is better.

That being said, it also seems like the user base for the TF701 is not quite there either....
13th May 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #7  
pachi72's Avatar
Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 103
 
917 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Maybe cause the 701T just came out recently?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #8  
YayYouFixedIt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
I wonder if it might be also because the tegra 3 has been around since the tf300? along with the nexus 7. So they had something to work from. I dont know if that has anything to do with it though.
21st June 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Stock when rooted is just so good, for me at least. I would hate to lose the productivity apps built into the stock Rom if I change it.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #10  
YayYouFixedIt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipopipz

Stock when rooted is just so good, for me at least. I would hate to lose the productivity apps built into the stock Rom if I change it.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Yes I was wondering if we could get that color adjustment tool(splendid?) to work as well.
Theres sbdags App installer remover as well. Cant recall what apps could be installed and working for cm.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2650721
Last edited by YayYouFixedIt; 21st June 2014 at 04:09 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to YayYouFixedIt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes