Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-N9009 Original Room

Tip us?

klabang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy SM-N9009 Original Room

Need help pls, if someone have SM-N9009 can u backup ur original room use cwm and send link to me?
I have bought n9009 from china telecom and dont know if sim 1 (cdma) is lock or unlock (not try 1st before root). after root and install gapps my sim 2 (gsm) work fine but sim 1 (cdma) still searching signal.
pls help T.T

Note : I have tried flash original room from sammobile usig odin still no luck

jbourne86
Old
(Last edited by jbourne86; 19th November 2013 at 08:00 AM.) Reason: incomplete answer
Thanks Meter 2
I have a new one but I don't know how to do any of that.

Saw your profile coz I want to unlock my phone and allow google applications to work.
Right now it's full of Chinese apps that I don't really need.

Are you also trying to do the same thing?

I do think SIM1 is locked to Telecom. On the SIM1 slot there is "China Telecom" written on it.
And usually Telecom would not allow other sims to their phones, but because this is dual sim, the GSM slot is an exception.
If you can teach me how to do backup and cwm etc. I might be able to help u.

Also.... PLEASE HELP ME TO GET GOOGLE APPS WORKING

Are you in China? I am in Shenzhen.

klabang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne86 View Post

Saw your profile coz I want to unlock my phone and allow google applications to work.

I do think SIM1 is locked to Telecom. On the SIM1 slot there is "China Telecom" written on it.
And usually Telecom would not allow other sims to their phones, but because this is dual sim, the GSM slot is an exception.

Thank u for replay, my friend bought it from china.
is china telecom lock their n9009? or should i use original sim from china telecom for first use to able use another sim at other region?
i can help u root ur phone and install google playstore

jbourne86
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabang View Post
is china telecom lock their n9009? or should i use original sim from china telecom for first use to able use another sim at other region?
from what I know, all phones coming from China Telecom is lock to their sims.
N9009 has two sim slots. SIM slot 1 for China Telecom SIM. SIM slot 2 for other GSM sims.
SIM 1 which is for CDMA SIM is only for China Telecom.
They even have Telecom's name in Chinese on the SIM slot.

I don't think using China Telecom SIM first to activate the phone will do the trick to use it with other sim elsewhere.
I read somewhere that only European and American bought phones have this "activate" feature.
As far as I know, all my friend's Telecom phones are locked to Telecom sims.

You can use the GSM sim slot for other region sims as long as they are GSM networks not CDMA.
The chinese may have some tricks to unlock the SIM slot 1 (CDMA). I'll let you know if I have news on this in the future.

It's my first time to buy a phone in China and rooting my phone is like a nightmare to me.
Going crazy not being able to have Play Store on my N9009 phone, it beats the purpose of syncing through my Google account.
Are you by chance also in Shenzhen? Can you help me root my phone? THanks
The Following User Says Thank You to jbourne86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbourne86
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabang View Post
I just tried another sim to the SIM1 Slot.

But doesn't work. Is it the same with your phone? Were you able to root your N9009?
The Following User Says Thank You to jbourne86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klabang
Old
(Last edited by klabang; 22nd November 2013 at 12:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I just tried another sim to the SIM1 Slot.

But doesn't work. Is it the same with your phone? Were you able to root your N9009?
i see, thank u verry much.
to root your need :
1. Odin307/Odin309
2. CF-Auto-Root

First turn ur phone to downloading mode (turn ur phone off, hold power+home+vol up to enter downloading mode)
Open odin then conect ur phone to CPU. After ur phone detected at odin browse cf root from PDA option. Klick start, wait till ur device restart and done ur phone rooted.

And is it possible to unlock 1st slot from china telecom? Coz i dont see any unlock code if the sim locked. And i just want to confirm that i have purched s4 dual sim from china telecom but not locked like note 3 T.T

jbourne86
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am also looking for a way to unlock. But I have a bigger problem now

I tried what you said above but it says failed. I haven't disconnected my phone and Odin is still on.

What should I do?

This is what is showing in ODIN

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..

<OSM> Please wait..

<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-hlte-h3gduosctc-smn9009.tar.md5 is valid.

<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..

<OSM> Leave CS..

<ID:0/003> Added!!

<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..

<ID:0/003> File analysis..

<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I hope you can help me ASAP I dont wanna get my phone bricked

brett91364
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

DId you make any progress? I have this phone in the USA. I got it rooted. I got Google Play. *BUT*.... it doesn't do DATA on the GSM side (voice/text only as far as I can tell) *AND* the CDMA side seems to be locked to China Telecom. So we are trying to flash it and stuck... can't access hidden menus. Do you have any resources IN China?

Ryancopper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett91364 View Post
DId you make any progress? I have this phone in the USA. I got it rooted. I got Google Play. *BUT*.... it doesn't do DATA on the GSM side (voice/text only as far as I can tell) *AND* the CDMA side seems to be locked to China Telecom. So we are trying to flash it and stuck... can't access hidden menus. Do you have any resources IN China?
Hi i have got the same problem..have you been able to solve this...plzz help me too...

brett91364
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryancopper View Post
Hi i have got the same problem..have you been able to solve this...plzz help me too...
Nope.