[KERNEL]Forest-CM11 (V5 with OC CPU-GPU)
I made a custom version of CM11 kernel from source for myself. It could be useful for you too!
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh
1. Add Philz Touch 6 recovery version 6.30.8 (CWM v22.214.171.124)
2. Add option for OC CPU to 1.6 GHz (from V3)
3. Add OC GPU with 4 steps: 134-200-267-333 (from V5)
2. Disable all kernel debug and logging
3. Some other tweaks of config file
- It runs smoother, cooler and more battery friendly than stock version.
- With V3b and V5, OC to 1.6GHz the phone is fast and silky smooth!
Heavy game also play smoothly now
- And you have the beautiful Philz Touch recovery which can also be used to flash any other KK roms.
it seems this kernel works for CM11 and other CM11 based rom. It doesn't work on some other KK roms.
- Working CM11-based roms: CM11, PA, Carbon, SOKP and NameLess roms...
- For Omni and Slim you need to use separate versions (for now only available in V4 and V5).
- For other roms you need to identify if it is CM-based or OMNI or SLIM-based to choose suitable versions.
- For those who want even better battery life, follow the simple but effective tips from @NoteboyTech here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-note-t2820862
- Forest-CM11-V5 Change logs:
+ Update kernel source to CM11-KK4.4.4
+ Update PhilZ recovery to latest version 6.47.4
+ Implement OC GPU with 4 steps: 134-200-267-333
- Forest-CM11-V4 Change logs:
+ Make separate versions for CM11, Omni and Slim.
- V3b:fix slow charging bug and the instability bug facing by some users. Kernel is now rock-stable and slow charge prob has gone!
- V3: Add option to OC to 1.6 GHz. Compile using Linaro toolchain. Update Philz Recovery to version 6.40.1.
- V2: Just made more tweaks to the config file to further reduce heating. It now run cooler than V1.
- Flash the kernel zip file in recovery
- Wipe dalvik cache
- and enjoy!
My favorite settings:
- Governor/Scheduler: Pegasusq/Row
- CPU min 500 Mhz max 1600 Mhz.
V5 for CM11-base roms is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=377
V5 variants for Omni and Slim roms is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=438
V4: links are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=276
Credits and thanks:
for their legendary work
for his wonderful recovery
(huge) for his handy guide and tips for me
for handy build script
for handy build script
for their great toolchain!
for some codes from his kernel source!
Many other great XDA members which I may have forgotten
Remember to press thank button if this helps you!