Ascend P6 B510 Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update Released in Europe

Search This thread

xman9491

Jul 28, 2012
According to the latest reports we received from our readers, Huawei is finally pushing out official Android 4.4 update for people in some European countries such as Hungary,Romania and Czech Republic. This new B510 update seems to be the same one pushed to registered beta testers in Germany not too long ago. There is speculation and rumors going on that Huawei rushed and outed the beta firmware as official one, but knowing Huawei’s numbering scheme B510 still could be the final official one intended for release in Europe.

Here are some details about this official firmware

Compatible Model – Ascend P6-U06
Firmware version – B510
Android version – 4.4.2 KitKat
Emotion UI version – EMUI 2.3
Kernel version – 3.0.8-00787
Size – 775MB
Region – Europe
English language is included

We won’t go through describing the changelog here because you guys have probably know the changes by now because of the leaked and official Chinese firmwares. Basically this update brings the new EMUI 2.3 user interface and few new software additions to the camera and power saving features.

Again we still don’t know why Huawei pushed B510 firmware as a beta one to Germany and as a official one to others. The download file below is obtained from the official B510 release and not the B510 German beta release. So if future proves that both B510 aren’t the same you can be rest assured that we have provided you the official release.

Make sure that you are running B132 firmware before installing this new B510 release. This B510 was pushed to the users running official B132 firmware http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/ascend-p6-b132-firmware/ and early adopters of B510 reported us that B510 won’t install correctly as the previous leaked KitKat firmwares unless you are running B132 prior installing B510.

Download link - http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/B510.zip

Please report the issues and your thoughts about this firmware in the comments below so other readers will be aware of it.

Source: http://huaweinews.com/

Ajith Prabhu

Mar 12, 2014
please can someone create a zip file so that we can flash through TWRP? im finding it really hard to downgrade !!

dream_fun

Account currently disabled
Jan 26, 2011
How we can delete the Omni ROM and go back to B132 in order to try this release ??

cyocady

Jun 12, 2014
yes...if someone can do what Reyncla did..and make a b132 if not the original b510 (the one here) that we can flash from twrp...that would be nice
i am trying to get the original rom on to the phone and it doesn't work...maybe i am not using the correct recovery for the correct rom ..i do not know..i will keep trying and tell you guys if it works

Sacerdot

Jul 7, 2013
I cannot update to 510, i'm on b132... i tried OTA update and local update, none work for me...when it boots in recovery mode i get an error 7 something about music2.apk...i tried the download link ota download...but nothing...same error. I tried factory reset, wipe cache partition...still nothing...any ideas?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello !

This update work only for Stock Huawei Firmware B132 JB and also for Stock Huawei Beta B510 KitKat !

If you have issue to update from this two stock firmware, it seems that your stock rom in your device was modified , so you should put all the files back .

For all device already updated to KitKat but not Beta 510 , you can downgrade by installing a intermediate step ( update.app ) . Only now you are able to flash Stock B132 UPDATE.APP by /dload method .

For all device already updated to OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3, you can directly downgrade to B132 ( without install intermediate step update.app ) .
Put UPDATE.APP from Stock B132 in external sdcard/dload directory, also you should put back stock boot.img & recovery.img ( for B506 ) from second post TWRP 2.7.0.0 ! After these three steps you can downgrade by pressing combo key . ( Before put back stock recovery from B506, please go to TWRP recovery and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, cust, data & system ) .

Good luck !

Reactions: cyocady

cyocady

Jun 12, 2014
Hello !

This update work only for Stock Huawei Firmware B132 JB and also for Stock Huawei Beta B510 KitKat !

If you have issue to update from this two stock firmware, it seems that your stock rom in your device was modified , so you should put all the files back .

For all device already updated to KitKat but not Beta 510 , you can downgrade by installing a intermediate step ( update.app ) . Only now you are able to flash Stock B132 UPDATE.APP by /dload method .

For all device already updated to OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3, you can directly downgrade to B132 ( without install intermediate step update.app ) .
Put UPDATE.APP from Stock B132 in external sdcard/dload directory, also you should put back stock boot.img & recovery.img ( for B506 ) from second post TWRP 2.7.0.0 ! After these three steps you can downgrade by pressing combo key . ( Before put back stock recovery from B506, please go to TWRP recovery and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, cust, data & system ) .

Good luck !

hello...again...since i posted on other threads and now i see that u posted the way to go to stock here....i will post here my problem
so...i am on OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3 with TWRP 2.7.0.0
did a wipe for all the shiet except external card
than flashed B506 stock .img and recovery.img(in this order) than reboot
now...with a new 8gb sdhc10 from sandisk formated in fat 32 with the folder dload wich contains B132 UPDATE.APP i boot in recovery
and fail
so what do i have to do now..causei red all the forum..did all the tricks...and nothing
any ideea will be apreciated
thanks boys

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
hello...again...since i posted on other threads and now i see that u posted the way to go to stock here....i will post here my problem
so...i am on OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3 with TWRP 2.7.0.0
did a wipe for all the shiet except external card
than flashed B506 stock .img and recovery.img(in this order) than reboot
now...with a new 8gb sdhc10 from sandisk formated in fat 32 with the folder dload wich contains B132 UPDATE.APP i boot in recovery
and fail
so what do i have to do now..causei red all the forum..did all the tricks...and nothing
any ideea will be apreciated
thanks boys

Nop, you shouldn't wipe Internal Storage on TWRP ! I already downgraded ( and more than once ) from OmniROM 4.4.3 directaly to UPDATE.APP from B132, but wiped all without Internal and External Storage .

Now , you can try with intermediate UPDATE.APP before flash UPDATE.APP from B132.

Good luck .

cyocady

Jun 12, 2014
Nop, you shouldn't wipe Internal Storage on TWRP ! I already downgraded ( and more than once ) from OmniROM 4.4.3 directaly to UPDATE.APP from B132, but wiped all without Internal and External Storage .

Now , you can try with intermediate UPDATE.APP before flash UPDATE.APP from B132.

Good luck .

i tried that ...with no success...twrp with any rom i poot in it works but original recovery not...
from omni there is not possibility to update the normal way
i allso installed with twrp KK_ Huawei P6__International-BbN _ SLMINSK repack_CN and after that flashed b510 recovery...from here tried to update the normal way with the intermediate ...and allso ful update.app...with no luck
i understand that my mistake was wipeing the internal storage
if there is a fix to all this i am all years...eyes
thanks

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
i tried that ...with no success...twrp with any rom i poot in it works but original recovery not...
i allso installed with twrp KK_ Huawei P6__International-BbN _ SLMINSK repack_CN and after that flashed b510 recovery...from here tried to update the normal way with the intermediate ...and allso ful update.app...with no luck
thanks

Ok, why not try reinstalling OmniROM 4.4.3, and then to start again to downgrade ?

Reactions: cyocady

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
well...i did that of course...with no success...since u can't do a normal dload/UPDATE.APP from OmnROM 4.4.3
i do not know what am i doing wrong
but i bet is something stupid and simple

Is very simple mate, but I don't know if you understand .. :D

So, please put OmniROM 4.4.3 on your device !

- copy UPDATE.APP from B132 to external sdcard/dload folder ;

- go to TWRP and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, data , cust & system !

- reboot to bootloader from TWRP !

- flash stock boot.img from B506CN ( fastboot flash boot boot.img )

- flash stock recovery.img B506CN ( fastboot flash recovery recovery.img )

- reboot your device ( fastboot reboot )

- now try to flash UPDATE.APP by combo key !

That's all -> now you are on Stock B132 !

Last edited:
Reactions: ez.ahmed

cyocady

Jun 12, 2014

this is getting frustrating now
i will tell u exactly what i did
i have TWRP 2.7.0.0 with OmniROM 4.4.3 on my device
i boot recovery to TWRP by pressing power and +-vol and i go and wipe/advanced and check the boxes:cache, dalvik-cache, data , custom storage & system , than reboot in bootloader
go and flash boot and recovery B506 that i found om the OmniROM page...the ones under the B510
reboot and go to recovery by pressing power and +-vol
and FAILL
so what did i do wrong now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to the latest reports we received from our readers, Huawei is finally pushing out official Android 4.4 update for people in some European countries such as Hungary,Romania and Czech Republic. This new B510 update seems to be the same one pushed to registered beta testers in Germany not too long ago. There is speculation and rumors going on that Huawei rushed and outed the beta firmware as official one, but knowing Huawei’s numbering scheme B510 still could be the final official one intended for release in Europe.

Here are some details about this official firmware

Compatible Model – Ascend P6-U06
    Firmware version – B510
    Android version – 4.4.2 KitKat
    Emotion UI version – EMUI 2.3
    Kernel version – 3.0.8-00787
    Size – 775MB
    Region – Europe
    English language is included

We won’t go through describing the changelog here because you guys have probably know the changes by now because of the leaked and official Chinese firmwares. Basically this update brings the new EMUI 2.3 user interface and few new software additions to the camera and power saving features.

Again we still don’t know why Huawei pushed B510 firmware as a beta one to Germany and as a official one to others. The download file below is obtained from the official B510 release and not the B510 German beta release. So if future proves that both B510 aren’t the same you can be rest assured that we have provided you the official release.

Make sure that you are running B132 firmware before installing this new B510 release. This B510 was pushed to the users running official B132 firmware http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/ascend-p6-b132-firmware/ and early adopters of B510 reported us that B510 won’t install correctly as the previous leaked KitKat firmwares unless you are running B132 prior installing B510.

Download link - http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/B510.zip

Please report the issues and your thoughts about this firmware in the comments below so other readers will be aware of it.

Source: http://huaweinews.com/
    Hello !

Good luck !
    thanks

Ok, why not try reinstalling OmniROM 4.4.3, and then to start again to downgrade ?
    well...i did that of course...with no success...since u can't do a normal dload/UPDATE.APP from OmnROM 4.4.3
    i do not know what am i doing wrong
    but i bet is something stupid and simple

please can anyone tell me how to upgrade it ...
    i have the B510 beta on my phone
    Unzip the zip file to the SD card and select Local Update ;)