Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bizzare Softbrick

Tip us?

ZLederman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Bizzare Softbrick

I am happy to be a brand new member of XDA
I am also a noob:/ I have been on this website for a while now and have found nothing for my problem with my SGH-I317 Galaxy Note 2...
My Problem- I installed CWM custom recovery it wokred fine I installed CM 10 (that was a week ago). yestarday I went to turn on my phone when i woke up. It showed the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" and then went CRAZY the logo spazzed and then just turned black. I immediatly went into odin and flashed my only stock rom the SGH-I317 android 4.1.1 because I could only access the download mode. I went to go and do an OTA update to 4.3 (I think I messed up right here). It went fine up until it restarted and and froze on the Galaxy Note 2 logo. I can still access Download mode but I cant get into either stock recovery or the custom recovery mode. I have tried flashing three different stock roms and Odin says it passed but it just reboots and stays on that logo. Please help I am not in the position to buy or replace a new phone (I'm only 14).

ZLederman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLederman View Post
I am happy to be a brand new member of XDA
I am also a noob:/ I have been on this website for a while now and have found nothing for my problem with my SGH-I317 Galaxy Note 2...
My Problem- I installed CWM custom recovery it wokred fine I installed CM 10 (that was a week ago). yestarday I went to turn on my phone when i woke up. It showed the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" and then went CRAZY the logo spazzed and then just turned black. I immediatly went into odin and flashed my only stock rom the SGH-I317 android 4.1.1 because I could only access the download mode. I went to go and do an OTA update to 4.3 (I think I messed up right here). It went fine up until it restarted and and froze on the Galaxy Note 2 logo. I can still access Download mode but I cant get into either stock recovery or the custom recovery mode. I have tried flashing three different stock roms and Odin says it passed but it just reboots and stays on that logo. Please help I am not in the position to buy or replace a new phone (I'm only 14).
Fixed It

Bright.Light
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Good to hear that it's fixed.

Always tell us how you fixed it - might be of interest for others having the same problems
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (WW), AOSB 1.3.0 , PhilZ Touch 6, CyanogenMod 11.2.0, Android KitKat version 4.4.2
HTC One X (WW) CWM, ViperX ROM - broken screen
ASUS TF300T (WW, Unlocked, CWM, Rooted JB OTA)
HTC Touch HD 2 T8585 (flashed to Android)
Hitting 'thanks' is completely free and friendly!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bright.Light For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hackerse7en
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLederman View Post
Fixed It
how to ???
Current Devices
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Motorola Motoactv - Smartwatch

Previous phones

Lg Maximo Black - Broken
-
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - for sell
-
Zte Blade -

-
Previous tablets
-
Barnes and Noble Nook Color

ZLederman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerse7en View Post
how to ???

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891
this forum will help go down and install the att odexed odin rom and flash that via odin
if that doesnt help than install "if ou are running official MK6 bootloader" llink