Thanks Namidairo for the 4.4.X ROMs

Search This thread

Clint O

Jun 3, 2014
I just wanted to show my appreciation for the effort creating KitKat ROMs for my aging Transformer Prime. I've tried 4.4.2 and the 4.4.3 and everything is working amazingly well. Thanks for extending the life of this device!

fdu123

Oct 3, 2012
Quebec
F2FS with Namidairo CM11 4.4.4

First thank you Namidairo for this great ROM.:good:
It works very well. No problem at all.
I tried recently to format cache & data partition with F2FS file system.
For that I used TWRP 2.7.Voyager v1.2 using: mkfs.f2fs - t 0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 and over mmcblk0p8
Partition format successful but my system wont boot.
I then reformat with ext4 and system boot after.
I though that Namidairo kernel was supporting F2FS file system.
Did I do something wrong with the formatting or did I missed a step to enable F2FS?

Regards,

Namidairo

Jan 26, 2012
For that I used TWRP 2.7.Voyager v1.2 using: mkfs.f2fs - t 0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 and over mmcblk0p8
Did I do something wrong with the formatting or did I missed a step to enable F2FS?

Regards,

Even if I merged in support in the kernel, its up to the user to modify the fstab in the device tree and compile a new ROM to use f2fs.

Reactions: fdu123

Mittelstandskind

Mar 9, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Even if I merged in support in the kernel, its up to the user to modify the fstab in the device tree and compile a new ROM to use f2fs.
So I just did that yesterday. Compiled my own and very first unofficial cm11 nightly with your sources, which uses two f2fs partitions of my sdcard for /data and /cache. The smile on my face when my prime booted up and is now flying like ****: EPIC!

I thank you and all other involved tf201 developers for that [emoji2]

Reactions: fdu123

Paardenberg

Dec 2, 2013
Also thank you from The Netherlands

Cool 4.4.4 ROM.
It takes a while (4-5 minutes) before the startup process has fully ended (All widgets etc are visible and working) but after this the TF201 performes smoothly !!

Jan 14, 2014
Yet more thanks to Namidairo. I have been running his CM11 roms since march and have been very happy with them indeed. Much better than the stock 4.1 JB I had before. The power button bug for me only arises after watching videos on youtube or other source otherwise it doesn't happen for me.

I've only recently given ART a go and it seems to make a big difference. Highly recommended.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards,

So I just did that yesterday. Compiled my own and very first unofficial cm11 nightly with your sources, which uses two f2fs partitions of my sdcard for /data and /cache. The smile on my face when my prime booted up and is now flying like ****: EPIC!

I thank you and all other involved tf201 developers for that [emoji2]