out of options? unlock unsuccessful

Search This thread

kris31

Jun 14, 2014
hi all

ive just bought a second hand note 2 (gt n7105) on the 3 network

ive already requested an unlock code which 3 sent but it doesn't work all I get is unlock unsuccessful when I enter the code even after a factory reset

so I went down the ebay route of buying the code (which turned out to be the same one 3 sent me) and a unfreeze code

entered both still no luck, im still getting the sim network unlock prompt after a reboot but still no mension of a freeze message so im guessing its not hardlocked yet? although ive tried numerous times now to no avail

when I bought the phone I couldn't update "OTA" it said phone is modified or something and when I checked the about phone it said custom
I did notice there was an app called super su on the phone but didn't work when I tried to open it, at thispoint I didn't know what it was as ive never bothered to try and root or mess with a phone. I downloaded Samsung kies and basicly restored the phone (was already on 4.3) now the about phone bit says official but the weird thing is when I factory reset the phone the language was in german? (phone bought from Birmingham England)

im not sure what else I can do to get it unlocked properly without having to hack the phone somehow

is this a common issue? or fixable?

appologies if this has been covered but im going around in circles with it and 3 and Samsung are bloody useless

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Download this, boot to recovery (turn on with power, vol up and home pressed), factory reset, boot to download more ( as before but vol down), flash rom through odin (plenty of guides out there), then you will be on a uk three stock rom.
Unlock code may work then, but my guess is it won't.
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=27566

Last edited: