Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Towelroot for SGH-337 NC1

OP tailgunner9

16th June 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Will this New root method work on this phone??? Or just for 9505 ver. Phone was rooted before I install Kit Kat updates. But now when I click Super SU app it says "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. Thanks for any help on this New root method.
16th June 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,998
 
11,406 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
It should work on your device. Remember, though, it just roots, still no custom recovery other than safestrap

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
16th June 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Towelroot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

It should work on your device. Remember, though, it just roots, still no custom recovery other than safestrap

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

After I root with Towelroot, will I still be able to get the 4.4.3 Update OTA when it comes out?? Also if I then do get 4.4.3 and install, will I keep my boot?? Or back to 0 and have to wait for a way to root it?
16th June 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,998
 
11,406 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner9

After I root with Towelroot, will I still be able to get the 4.4.3 Update OTA when it comes out?? Also if I then do get 4.4.3 and install, will I keep my boot?? Or back to 0 and have to wait for a way to root it?

I'm only guessing based on experience on other devices. Generally the ota will work but you do lose root. So yes, there will probably need to be a new and different root method once 4.4.3 comes out.

Also, if you have root and modify or delete any system files the ota will fail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jd1639; 16th June 2014 at 04:53 PM.
16th June 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I'm only guessing based on experience on other devices. Generally the ota will work but you do lose root. So yes, there will probably need to be a new and different root method once 4.4.3 comes out.

Also, if you have root and modify or delete any system files the ota will fail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks jd1639, will just wait till 4.4.3 since maybe not that long away. But AT&T sure does not get in any hurry. Hope you had a nice Father's Day.
16th June 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #6  
Lavman72's Avatar
Member
Weymouth, MA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
NB1
Does anybody know if this method will work with the NB1 firmware?
16th June 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago IL
Thanks Meter: 54
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Thumbs up Working on NC!
It's working on NC1 i was able to move file around in the system using the file explorer. root checker said i was rooted, i did have to install Supersu two times but it is working for me. Tit backup is Backing up. it's a good day! after i rooted i did uninstall towel root.
16th June 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #8  
RockRatt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,653
 
3,990 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavman72

Does anybody know if this method will work with the NB1 firmware?

From what I have read it only works on NC1 firmware. Users reported that it didn't work on NB1.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
16th June 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #9  
Lavman72's Avatar
Member
Weymouth, MA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt

From what I have read it only works on NC1 firmware. Users reported that it didn't work on NB1.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Can confirm...did not work for my phone which has the NB1 firmware.
17th June 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #10  
bigube's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willibda1

It's working on NC1 i was able to move file around in the system using the file explorer. root checker said i was rooted, i did have to install Supersu two times but it is working for me. Tit backup is Backing up. it's a good day! after i rooted i did uninstall towel root.

Did you still have root after the uninstall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes