No registration required
Thread Closed

Unhappy [SGH-i747M] Samsung Galaxy S3: Black screen but still responds to touch

OP OERB57

14th June 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
A Month ago I was running my s3 bell edition(d2can) on pac rom. A few weeks in my screen turned complete black, it still responded to touch (The white dot from touch response showed up, vibrate when unlocked, etc.). Clean wipe working fine but then it happened again. And again. And again. Highly frustrating, only happens on Pac. Never happened on cyanogen, or paranoid android, which I am currently running. I've never dropped the phone in water or anything like that. I've looked everywhere and no luck. Please help me, I've been tearing my hair out at this.
Thanks
Last edited by malybru; 16th June 2014 at 07:55 PM.
14th June 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,032

10,315 posts
More
I would normally suggest asking in the thread for the Rom. But since you do not have enough posts, I would suggest you ask in the Q/A HERE. I believe that THIS is the Rom you are referring to, correct ? A quick search through the thread came up with no one else having the same issue.
But before you post up in the General Q/A, I would recommend downloading the Rom again over WiFi, or Hardline. Then make sure to verify the MD5 checksum of the Zip before flashing.
14th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969

But before you post up in the General Q/A, I would recommend downloading the Rom again over WiFi, or Hardline. Then make sure to verify the MD5 checksum of the Zip before flashing.

How do I verify the md5? Never paid any attention to it.
15th June 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,032

10,315 posts
More
Check out the Guide HERE. There is also another one on THIS thread.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread