Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 i317

Tip us?

javomarlin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Problem with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 i317

Hello:

I have my Galaxy note 2 i317 in the Ver.4.3 and the uncio that bothers me is that I cannot use my Galaxy as modem used a aplicasion called Hotspot. This all happened when I made an UPDATE to my Galaxy already when i was in view. 4.1.2 Worked great. If you have a solution for my problem i would very much appreciate the help.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2866
Hi!

I found a similar question in your device section....seems there's alternatives available.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599270

See if something works, or try asking more questions in that thread.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I'm not sure if you're rooted....but reading a few other things leads me to believe most 4.3 custom ROMs work with tethering as well. 👍
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

javomarlin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Hi!

I found a similar question in your device section....seems there's alternatives available.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599270

See if something works, or try asking more questions in that thread.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I'm not sure if you're rooted....but reading a few other things leads me to believe most 4.3 custom ROMs work with tethering as well. ��

Thank you for quick reply, my Galaxy is Root if i could give me a guide how to install a Rom you agradesere

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2866
This is the section for your device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2-att

Look through the Android Development and Original Development threads. Read the opening posts of ROM threads, see what appeals to you and read the instructions carefully.

My advice tho....knowledge is power with this stuff....and misunderstanding can mean doom for your device. I'd read some of the stickies at the top of the General and Q&A sections and learn about this stuff before you do it. (Stickies are the threads with thumb tack icons beside them)

Life will be far smoother if you understand what you're doing before you do it.

Enjoy!
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

javomarlin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
This is the section for your device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2-att

Look through the Android Development and Original Development threads. Read the opening posts of ROM threads, see what appeals to you and read the instructions carefully.

My advice tho....knowledge is power with this stuff....and misunderstanding can mean doom for your device. I'd read some of the stickies at the top of the General and Q&A sections and learn about this stuff before you do it. (Stickies are the threads with thumb tack icons beside them)

Life will be far smoother if you understand what you're doing before you do it.

Enjoy!
OK!!! Thank you very much my brother for help. I'm going to read first and if I have no doubt you'd bother a little jijiji.

Thank you very much.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe