Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[q] adding keyboard symbols???

OP spirodave

15th June 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis missouri
Thanks Meter: 153

580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi i am on GoldenEye 33.3 and previously had keyboard symbols enabled via Wanam xposed. I am using ge app installer and have the GS5 keyboard installed and i can confirm it was working ... I have tried reinstalling the keyboard and renablling the keyboard symbols with wanam but cant get them to show up again.. What am i missing ? I had it working before ..Any input is much appreciated
15th June 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 108

293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirodave

Hi i am on GoldenEye 33.3 and previously had keyboard symbols enabled via Wanam xposed. I am using ge app installer and have the GS5 keyboard installed and i can confirm it was working ... I have tried reinstalling the keyboard and renablling the keyboard symbols with wanam but cant get them to show up again.. What am i missing ? I had it working before ..Any input is much appreciated

I had the same issue, for me I had to format data/media sd card, wipe factory and install again GE under philz recovery.
hope it helps
15th June 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbnion

I had the same issue, for me I had to format data/media sd card, wipe factory and install again GE under philz recovery.
hope it helps

By format sd you mean internal correct?? Sounds dumb but i accidently formatted extsd last night and about was ready to smash my phone .. I guess i waS to tired.. I coulnt downgrade to MK2 and the only way i figured it out was by accident ..I had to flash Mk2 twice and on the ssecond time i had to uncheck the repart in odin . I did that by accident..
15th June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag toronto

293 posts
More
Quote:

By format sd you mean internal correct?? Sounds dumb but i accidently formatted extsd last night and about was ready to smash my phone .. I guess i waS to tired.. I coulnt downgrade to MK2 and the only way i figured it out was by accident ..I had to flash Mk2 twice and on the ssecond time i had to uncheck the repart in odin . I did that by accident..

yes, internal. when ihad the issue i uninstalled some sys apk and until i format internal my kb symb didnt show anymore. give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to nbnion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yes, internal. when ihad the issue i uninstalled some sys apk and until i format internal my kb symb didnt show anymore. give it a try.

Trying right now.. I had keyboard symbols back after installing v34 . But as soon as i ran the ge app installer" and i skipped thhe keyboard option" and still lost symbols.. .. Just finished up and confirmed formatting internal did the job ..Thanks bro
The Following User Says Thank You to spirodave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag toronto

293 posts
More
Quote:

Trying right now.. I had keyboard symbols back after installing v34 . But as soon as i ran the ge app installer" and i skipped thhe keyboard option" and still lost symbols.. .. Just finished up and confirmed formatting internal did the job ..Thanks bro

glad to hear that. good job
16th June 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

glad to hear that. good job

Well after fixing the keyboard symbols by formatting . I had them stop working again but i narrowed it down to being an issue with xposed/wanam. I am able to enable volume keys to change songs and add screen record and screenshot.. Im not sure exactly what causes it after that but when i raise message limit and a few other things it removes the symbols . I restored my backup and got them back .. I dont know if it comes from enabling more than one thing at a time in wanam or what but I feel good with the features i have set so far . It seems to affect my s5 email and s5 browser too i get F/C with them also.. I guess ill stick with the aosp browser and use Blue mail.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread