how do I update if I'm rooted?

Search This thread

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
if/when an update comes out for the sprint tab 3 7.0 (t217s) how do I update if I'm rooted?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
if/when an update comes out for the sprint tab 3 7.0 (t217s) how do I update if I'm rooted?

Idk if this work but if you have super su there is an option in setting says full unroot try it then scan for update if it didn't work just go to sammobile.com>firmware type your model then download one and flash through odin

Model:SM-T210R/ Rom: Stockrom Series v7.5/ Kernel: Blackhawk v2.1/ Mood: Satisfied

Reactions: dsilx

Lincoln99

Jul 14, 2013
The way I would do it is find the new firmware on SamMobile (or some other site), download it, and flash it through your Recovery. Can't say for sure if you would still have root access, if not you could try re-rooting it with Framaroot (if it works for KitKat)...

M

moonbutt74

question

hey,

if i remember correctly, the option of downloading the update and choosing to install/flash it later exists.
should leave an update.zip on you sdcard or in you file system somewhere. now if you could take that
zip and do some root voodoo to it then flash it that might work right? you are rooted so you have a custom
recovery so you don't have to be concerned about signatures because you can su in terminal and dd your
image appropriately or in some instances use root browser to replace files manually.......and then if you post that
tasty update for consumption......also the should be an ota block in you partition scheme,maybe that's useful
maybe not.....?

m

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Idk if this work but if you have super su there is an option in setting says full unroot try it then scan for update if it didn't work just go to sammobile.com>firmware type your model then download one and flash through odin

Model:SM-T210R/ Rom: Stockrom Series v7.5/ Kernel: Blackhawk v2.1/ Mood: Satisfied