OP bigrushdog

22nd May 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA
Thanks Meter: 6,203

3,181 posts
Donate to Me
More

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

Code:
NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

Team EOS Nightly builds

M7 Downloads

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github
Kernel Source
Last edited by bigrushdog; 19th July 2014 at 07:05 PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA

3,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Welcome! Just some brief info on the project and philosophy and all that. If you are looking for a project with every feature on the planet, this build is not for you. I write features or bring in a feature from other guys based on a simple idea. I personally must find it fun or useful. Many features I see out there I find to be just plain stupid, and won't be found here. As project leader, I get the privilege of making that assessment. If someone makes a strong argument for something, my opinion can be swayed. If a user says "Hey brd, check this out!", and it is cool, I'll bring it in. If it sucks, I'll pass.

TeamEos took a brief hiatus to work with the CodefireX project. That all ended up going south in a blaze of glory. In the TeamEos repo, you will see reference to cfx code. It's my code, i wrote it. I need to re factor some projects.

I personally run this build on my m7 and love it. Thoughts? Suggestions? Build sucks and you're going back to Omni? It's all good. Let me know. Have fun!

M7 Specifics

-- legacy IR HAL as well as the new one: I'm keeping the old one for now as well until I'm certain most apps use the new one
-- hardware keys - any action: for now, default actions are not clearable. Meaning you can not assign a "no action" against default behavior. This is to keep my sanity but may change if there's strong demand for it.
-- the kernel : Based on the work Intervigil, mdmower, h8rift, and the other CM HTC guys have done. I commend them on a strong and stable kernel base. In addition, we have the following:
-- Fast charge
-- the latest BFQ I/O scheduler as well as SIO and FIOPS
-- we use @showp1984 's thermal controls instead of thermald. Keep the device cold as a ice cube
-- I highly recommend Trickster paid for kernel controls
Last edited by bigrushdog; 22nd May 2014 at 07:53 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 250

836 posts
More
Great philosophy!
Will try and report

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag ITALY
Thanks Meter: 211

1,753 posts
More
Simply fantastic! I'll Try it..
Is notification lockscreen in the rom?

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk
Last edited by dena994; 22nd May 2014 at 09:53 PM.
23rd May 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 61

240 posts
More
Trying this out with Multi Rom, Will report back.

Edit:
Works with Newest Multirom.
Looks really clean and seems fast.
Last edited by dbaler; 23rd May 2014 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Adding
23rd May 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #6  
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 142

401 posts
More
Just installed and everything is working great! If a custom kernel is used to get custom wake options should it be AOSP or CM based?

Thanks for your great work on a very nice AOSP rom!

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd May 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA

3,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
B
Quote:
Originally Posted by dena994

Simply fantastic! I'll Try it..
Is notification lockscreen in the rom?

I apologize as I don't really run anything else. What is notification lockscreen? source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseries60

Just installed and everything is working great! If a custom kernel is used to get custom wake options should it be AOSP or CM based?

Thanks for your great work on a very nice AOSP rom!

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for the kind words. My understanding is the kernel needed is not so much project dependent as it is hardware dependent. Every dev i talk to uses caf_8960 for qcom/display audio and media. It should be safe to say any kernel that would work on cm would work here. Worst case scenario, you get stuck on boot splash. Get back into recovery and just flash rom again. Honestly, the included kernel is rather solid, especially with BFQ enabled. But, if you got a favorite kernel, post up the source link. Maybe there's some goodies we could use.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 48

957 posts
More
Now that Gapps are back online I will test the latest build.
Last edited by Lucas0511; 23rd May 2014 at 01:34 PM.
23rd May 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #9  
Flag ITALY
Thanks Meter: 211

1,753 posts
More
Where can I read the changelog?

23rd May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA

3,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dena994

Where can I read the changelog?

We don't do changelogs. Changelogs are for Sense roms. We move too much code. I'll post up if I do something epic, which happens from time to time. In the meantime, watch https://github.com/teameos and http://review.teameos.org/#/q/statuspen

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread