Verion HTC One M7 (Custom Rom Issues)

8th June 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
I have a Verizon HTC One M7

I have Root, My BL is unlocked and I have a custom recovery installed (TWRP)......My problem is when ever I try to install a custom Rom everything goes fine until I reboot and it just sits there at a white screen with the HTC logo and just continues to loop back into that screen. I need help as I do not know what I am doing wrong and would really like to try a custom rom I have done the parts right in the custom recovery, to wipe the certian parts before the rom install yet it does not work. Any help would be really appreciated in advance thank you.
Last edited by JSDragon; 8th June 2014 at 06:06 PM.
8th June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 183

653 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDragon

I have Root, My BL is unlocked and I have a custom recovery installed (TWRP)......My problem is when ever I try to install a custom Rom everything goes fine until I reboot and it just sits there at a white screen with the HTC logo and just continues to loop back into that screen. I need help as I do not know what I am doing wrong and would really like to try a custom rom I have done the parts right in the custom recovery, to wipe the certian parts before the rom install yet it does not work. Any help would be really appreciated in advance thank you.

What version of TWRP are you using and what roms have you had issues with? Could be bad downloads or a Rom that isn't compatible.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

What version of TWRP are you using and what roms have you had issues with? Could be bad downloads or a Rom that isn't compatible.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I am using TWRP 2.7.0.0 I believe I tried ViperOne Rom it installs fine when I click Reboot it does and goes to a white screen with the htc logo and just sits there and does it over an over.
8th June 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #4  
New York
Thanks Meter: 27

283 posts
More
Are both the TWRP and the ROM specifically marked as designed for m7vzw?
8th June 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpradley

Are both the TWRP and the ROM specifically marked as designed for m7vzw?

I think so I went to the page for TWRP and typed in HTC One and it came for the m7 but now that you mention it I guess it should be as you mentioned above that does make sense as for the rom I guess I did not look into that.

Yeah I looked again on the page for TWRP and the option does come up for the m7 but it does not say specifically for Verizon Wireless so I am guessing the one I downloaded is not suppose to be on my device ?

Interesting I have since put clock word on there and it is for my device yet when I try the install for viperone now it just sits at 1% and does nothing.....I guess I just do not know what I am doing with installing a custom rom....
Last edited by JSDragon; 8th June 2014 at 09:34 PM.
8th June 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 8,532

6,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I think so I went to the page for TWRP and typed in HTC One and it came for the m7 but now that you mention it I guess it should be as you mentioned above that does make sense as for the rom I guess I did not look into that.

Yeah I looked again on the page for TWRP and the option does come up for the m7 but it does not say specifically for Verizon Wireless so I am guessing the one I downloaded is not suppose to be on my device ?

Interesting I have since put clock word on there and it is for my device yet when I try the install for viperone now it just sits at 1% and does nothing.....I guess I just do not know what I am doing with installing a custom rom....

TWRP for Verizon m7: LINK
CWM sometimes does not like Aroma installers.
Use the latest TWRP and you will be fine.

You may possibly still have a secure boot.img as well, in which case you could fastboot flash the one in the rom zip if it still doesn't boot after flashing with proper twrp.
8th June 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

TWRP for Verizon m7: LINK
CWM sometimes does not like Aroma installers.
Use the latest TWRP and you will be fine.

You may possibly still have a secure boot.img as well, in which case you could fastboot flash the one in the rom zip if it still doesn't boot after flashing with proper twrp.

Mmmmmm maybe that is what I am doing wrong, do you have to flash that img.file that comes packed in with the rom separately after you flash the rom?
9th June 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:

Mmmmmm maybe that is what I am doing wrong, do you have to flash that img.file that comes packed in with the rom separately after you flash the rom?

So does anyone know if that is what you have to do to flash a custom rom? As all of the vids that I have watched the person just puts the rom on the their phone wipes the data in the custom recovery and clicks install navigates to where the rom is and clicks on it and it starts to install it?
12th June 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #9  

21 posts
Quote:

What is the exact Rom that you are flashing. It could be that you are flashing a GSM only Rom.
15th June 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by android06

What is the exact Rom that you are flashing. It could be that you are flashing a GSM only Rom.

I have tried The ViperOne Rom

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread