OP mulkman

30th May 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13

105 posts
More
** Oppo Find 7 Yellow Tint (towards the bottom edge of the phones screen) **

Oppo China have made an official statement over customer concerns that the screen on the Find 7 and Find 7a has a yellowing issue.

Customers in China have been complaining to Oppo about yellowing Oppo Find 7 screens for weeks and now with many customers complaining that the issues are due to faults in the phone, Oppo have finally made an official statement concerning the matter.

According to Oppo their are two issues which are concerning Oppo Find 7 owners. The first is that many owners of the Find 7a have found the screen to appear more yellow along the bottom edge of the phone. Oppo claim the reason for this is due to more intense light in this area meaning the light does not display uniformly across the panel and are offering to test (and if necessary) replace phones.

The second issue affects the Oppo Find 7 (2K model) with customers complaining that the colours on the screen are more yellow and less realistic than those on the Find 7a. Oppo have said that they have released a software update which fixes this.

Those of you that seem to be affected by this issue.
Do go about posting the build date of your phone, so we can repository on which builds are affected
Last edited by mulkman; 15th June 2014 at 02:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mulkman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Georgetown
Thanks Meter: 213

1,709 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulkman

** Oppo Find 7 Yellow Tint (towards the bottom edge of the phones screen) **

Oppo China have made an official statement over customer concerns that the screen on the Find 7 and Find 7a has a yellowing issue.

Customers in China have been complaining to Oppo about yellowing Oppo Find 7 screens for weeks and now with many customers complaining that the issues are due to faults in the phone, Oppo have finally made an official statement concerning the matter.

According to Oppo their are two issues which are concerning Oppo Find 7 owners. The first is that many owners of the Find 7a have found the screen to appear more yellow along the bottom edge of the phone. Oppo claim the reason for this is due to more intense light in this area meaning the light does not display uniformly across the panel and are offering to test (and if necessary) replace phones.

The second issue affects the Oppo Find 7 (2K model) with customers complaining that the colours on the screen are more yellow and less realistic than those on the Find 7a. Oppo have said that they have released a software update which fixes this.

Those of you that seem to be affected by this issue.
Do go about posting the build date of your phone, so we can repository on which builds are affected

More power to Oppo.

I don't have the yellow tint issue but very happy that Oppo is listening. Makes my job recommending this phone to friends a lot easier. My only bug is the touch sensitivity of the keyboard input. Getting a llot of double letters.
30th May 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical cactus

More power to Oppo.

I don't have the yellow tint issue but very happy that Oppo is listening. Makes my job recommending this phone to friends a lot easier. My only bug is the touch sensitivity of the keyboard input. Getting a llot of double letters.

I really do hope they sort out all the bugs. This will be the next device I go out and purchase. It's a great device, especially with the 3000mah battery.

7A for me. All the those extra pixels will eat up my battery
30th May 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag Georgetown

1,709 posts
Quote:

I really do hope they sort out all the bugs. This will be the next device I go out and purchase. It's a great device, especially with the 3000mah battery.

7A for me. All the those extra pixels will eat up my battery

Agree. The only thing I'll be replacing is the battery, once everything settles. The 7a is truly a remarkable phone. And this is coming from an ex HTC fanboy.
30th May 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

105 posts
More
Quote:

Agree. The only thing I'll be replacing is the battery, once everything settles. The 7a is truly a remarkable phone. And this is coming from an ex HTC fanboy.

Agreed.
The 7A costs around 330 which is a bargain compaired to the s5 and HTC one M8 500+

The oneplus one is almost impossible to buy right now. The speakers on the device have been described as weak, and low.

As a brand I would rather trust oppo
The Following User Says Thank You to mulkman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Georgetown

1,709 posts
Quote:

Agreed.
The 7A costs around 330 which is a bargain compaired to the s5 and HTC one M8 500+

The oneplus one is almost impossible to buy right now. The speakers on the device have been described as weak, and low.

As a brand I would rather trust oppo

HTC can take a running jump, as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of being an apologist for their ultra pixel nonsense.
30th May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

105 posts
More
Quote:

HTC can take a running jump, as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of being an apologist for their ultra pixel nonsense.

Agreed. They should have learnt the first time.
Ultra pixel flopped badly, no way in the 21st century will a 4mp camera beat 12mp camera.

HTC Sensation purchased - one month later (WiFi death grip reported)

HTC one X purchased after a year - same again later reported to have the same WiFi issue.

Cursed.
1st June 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
Silly question I know but where do I find the build date of my phone?
Also do oppo use seperate batch numbers and if so where do I find it.
1st June 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #9  
Flag Georgetown

1,709 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMungo

Silly question I know but where do I find the build date of my phone?
Also do oppo use seperate batch numbers and if so where do I find it.

Back of the box.
1st June 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
OK build date is 2014.03.22. Above that is 0604D.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread