FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Successfully rooted without tripping knox!!!!

15th June 2014, 09:21 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
just wanted to let u know that I successfully rooted my sm-p905 with geohot's rooting method without tripping knox!!!

its just a simple apk installation procedure....!!!

I bet all the TNT/ V guys will be happy to hear that......

have fun!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=206285968
Last edited by snir2; 15th June 2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: foto adding
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snir2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th June 2014, 09:32 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snir2

just wanted to let u know that I successfully rooted my sm-p905 with geohot's rooting method without tripping knox!!!

its just a simple apk installation procedure....!!!

I bet all the TNT/ V guys will be happy to hear that......

have fun!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=206285968


A PHOTO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	6461
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	2800336  
16th June 2014, 12:15 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snir2

A PHOTO

Can I ask a huge favor? Can you write a simple list of steps you did. That thread is chaos from people who have 10 different devices. Like a simple

1. step a
2. step b

I don't want to screw up the device I just bought yesterday lol.
16th June 2014, 12:21 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfan01

Can I ask a huge favor? Can you write a simple list of steps you did. That thread is chaos from people who have 10 different devices. Like a simple

1. step a
2. step b

I don't want to screw up the device I just bought yesterday lol.


sure,

1. downloaded the file from towelroot.com
2. installed the apk file
3. Run the app
4. the device rebooted
5. installed supersu from the play store

done....
Last edited by snir2; 16th June 2014 at 11:01 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snir2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 09:12 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snir2

sure,

1. downloaded the file from towelroot.com
2. installed the apk file
3. the device rebooted
4. installed supersu from the play store

done....

Wow, Ok I thought there would be more haha. You said you were on a sm-p905, I wonder if this will go as smooth on an sm-p900. I'm on the wifi not lte version. Any guess?

Thanks for summarizing that though.

edit: seeing mixed results related to the Exynos chips from people's s4s and s5s. hmm.
Last edited by Gatsrom; 16th June 2014 at 09:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gatsrom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 09:40 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snir2

just wanted to let u know that I successfully rooted my sm-p905 with geohot's rooting method without tripping knox!!!

its just a simple apk installation procedure....!!!

I bet all the TNT/ V guys will be happy to hear that......

have fun!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=206285968

Can you please tell more details about your SM-P905

AP, CP, CSC (These can be found at least on SM-P905 by opening dialer, then type *#1234#)
Kernel version (Settings - General - About device)

And for any else of you, if you try this method, report please how did it go, did you got root? did it trip KNOX flag and what firmware version you were using, thanks
Last edited by Spere; 16th June 2014 at 09:44 AM.
16th June 2014, 10:51 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
I have the international SM P905 this method did not work. Tried it twice

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 11:43 AM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfan01

Wow, Ok I thought there would be more haha. You said you were on a sm-p905, I wonder if this will go as smooth on an sm-p900. I'm on the wifi not lte version. Any guess?

Thanks for summarizing that though.

edit: seeing mixed results related to the Exynos chips from people's s4s and s5s. hmm.


anyway from what i have read so far there is no harm in trying...... In the worst case scenario it will not work....
16th June 2014, 11:47 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
SM-P900 On KOT49H.P900XXUANC4

Does not work, but did not trigger knox. So no harm no fowl. Shame, really got my hopes up.
16th June 2014, 11:51 AM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere

Can you please tell more details about your SM-P905

AP, CP, CSC (These can be found at least on SM-P905 by opening dialer, then type *#1234#)
Kernel version (Settings - General - About device)

And for any else of you, if you try this method, report please how did it go, did you got root? did it trip KNOX flag and what firmware version you were using, thanks


here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-16-12-46-18.png
Views:	1870
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	2801400   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-16-12-49-48.png
Views:	1757
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	2801403  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
knox, root
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes