Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rooting broke knock on

Tip us?

delurfangs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] rooting broke knock on

after rootting my tmobile lg g flex today i can no longer use knock on to wake the device but i can still lock the phone by tapping the home screen has anyone else ran into this? is there a fix for it? i am still on 4.2.2 i did not want to do the upgrade yet in case it broke things even farther thanks for your help.

PattyNYC
Old
(Last edited by PattyNYC; 14th May 2014 at 02:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by delurfangs View Post
after rootting my tmobile lg g flex today i can no longer use knock on to wake the device but i can still lock the phone by tapping the home screen has anyone else ran into this? is there a fix for it? i am still on 4.2.2 i did not want to do the upgrade yet in case it broke things even farther thanks for your help.
Your problem is not from rooting. You may have inadvertently messed up something in your system partition. Try to lg flash tool back to stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to PattyNYC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brittoking
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyNYC View Post
Your problem is not from rooting. You may have inadvertently messed up something in your system partition. Try to lg flash tool back to stock.
⬆⬆⬆⬆ Rooting cannot break knock on. I would try
1. Make sure it's on and toggle it either way
2. Factory reset after making a LG backup and dragging that file over to your computer. Then reset and drag the file back To the LGbackup folder on your phone. Restore from backup and the whole process shouldn't take more than 5min and you're phone will be exactly the way you had it setup still.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to brittoking For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2832

DONATE TO ME
Did you by chance downgrade from 4.4 at some point?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

PattyNYC
Old
(Last edited by PattyNYC; 14th May 2014 at 02:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittoking View Post
⬆⬆⬆⬆ Rooting cannot break knock on. I would try
1. Make sure it's on and toggle it either way
2. Factory reset after making a LG backup and dragging that file over to your computer. Then reset and drag the file back To the LGbackup folder on your phone. Restore from backup and the whole process shouldn't take more than 5min and you're phone will be exactly the way you had it setup still.

Yeah def try these first before restoring back to stock. Also some xposed modules can break features

justinswidebody
Old
Thanks Meter 472

DONATE TO ME
You need to update your touch firmware in the hidden service menu. I could provide you with how to get there if you had mentioned what variant of the flex you have

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to justinswidebody For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geners
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinswidebody View Post
You need to update your touch firmware in the hidden service menu. I could provide you with how to get there if you had mentioned what variant of the flex you have

I'd LOVE to know how to fix this issue on AT&T 950 variant. That's the only thing keeping me from flashing back to 4.2.2 so I can install custom recovery. If you know how to fix it when I downgrade from KK to JB I'd be forever grateful.

PattyNYC
Old
(Last edited by PattyNYC; 15th May 2014 at 11:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by delurfangs View Post
Like justinwidebody suggested dial 3845#*959# then click "Settings" then "Update Touch Firmware"
or in Geners case I think you have to dial 3845#*950#
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PattyNYC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nybs31
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinswidebody View Post

Hey Justin. I believe you have the sprint variant correct? If you do, what is the dialer code for it to fix knock on after downgrading?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Intub8
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybs31 View Post
Hey Justin. I believe you have the sprint variant correct? If you do, what is the dialer code for it to fix knock on after downgrading?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
3845#*your model number# so sprint should be 3845#*995#