FORUMS

[Q] Rooted my phone, then KitKat released, wanted to update, failed in the process.

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Hayseboi, Junior Member on 10th May 2014, 09:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I have an LG G Flex on 4.2.2. I rooted it a couple days ago, and everything was working perfectly. I got the "can't establish reliable connection" error on my phone, so I went in and put the "#" next to the second IP Address, fixed it. But then I saw the KitKat had finally come to the T-Mobile G Flex, so I wanted to remove the root. I used Kingo Android Root and it went through the unrooting process and failed, I was very confused because my root checker said I didn't have my root anymore. But I started to get the connection error again. I read that I should just restore my phone, it was around 4AM and I was tired so I just decided to do it. So I have nothing on my phone anymore, I thought it would've fixed it. But when I was setting up my Google account again, it said, like before, that it couldn't establish a stable connection. I tried to download ES File Explorer via the Chrome Browser, but it said I already had it on my phone. So I just had to download the .apk from a website. I tried to delete the "#" that I put, save it, then re type it, and see if it worked, but it wouldn't even let me save the file the first time. So now I'm kind of at a loss. Can anyone help me out?

10th May 2014, 10:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Unroot
Hey...
You must first unroot your flex or flash it to stock.
10th May 2014, 11:54 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defy+++

Hey...
You must first unroot your flex or flash it to stock.

How? I've tried already, but it wouldn't allow me to
11th May 2014, 11:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
What?
Flash back to stock or stock recovery?
11th May 2014, 11:52 AM |#5  

More
I have a rooted t mobile flex and I installed the update to 4.4.2 via lg pc suite. it took my root away but have re-rooted it.
12th May 2014, 06:30 AM |#6  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymcachef

I have a rooted t mobile flex and I installed the update to 4.4.2 via lg pc suite. it took my root away but have re-rooted it.

How did you re-root your T-Mobile LG G Flex?
12th May 2014, 08:47 PM |#7  
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Ioroot25 should root your 4.4.2. Havent tried yet but it should work. Keeping mine stock
12th May 2014, 10:21 PM |#8  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

Ioroot25 should root your 4.4.2. Havent tried yet but it should work. Keeping mine stock

IOroot 25 doesn't yet root a TMobile G Flex...

Sent from my plasticy, bendy, electronic gadget thing using tapatalk forum reading/posting thing.
13th May 2014, 02:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

nope, doesnt work on 4.4, only 4.2
13th May 2014, 10:09 PM |#10  
Flag kahului

More
Like i said i havent tied it cause ive found no reason to root
19th May 2014, 09:47 PM |#11  
Flag kahului

More
Ioroot 25 has all versions of gflex rootable. Ive read it in autoprime thread. Go look for yourself. 4.4.2 should work maybe not for tmo but should with att

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread