FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Rooted my phone, then KitKat released, wanted to update, failed in the process.

10th May 2014, 09:19 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So I have an LG G Flex on 4.2.2. I rooted it a couple days ago, and everything was working perfectly. I got the "can't establish reliable connection" error on my phone, so I went in and put the "#" next to the second IP Address, fixed it. But then I saw the KitKat had finally come to the T-Mobile G Flex, so I wanted to remove the root. I used Kingo Android Root and it went through the unrooting process and failed, I was very confused because my root checker said I didn't have my root anymore. But I started to get the connection error again. I read that I should just restore my phone, it was around 4AM and I was tired so I just decided to do it. So I have nothing on my phone anymore, I thought it would've fixed it. But when I was setting up my Google account again, it said, like before, that it couldn't establish a stable connection. I tried to download ES File Explorer via the Chrome Browser, but it said I already had it on my phone. So I just had to download the .apk from a website. I tried to delete the "#" that I put, save it, then re type it, and see if it worked, but it wouldn't even let me save the file the first time. So now I'm kind of at a loss. Can anyone help me out?

10th May 2014, 10:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Unroot
Hey...
You must first unroot your flex or flash it to stock.
10th May 2014, 11:54 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defy+++

Hey...
You must first unroot your flex or flash it to stock.

How? I've tried already, but it wouldn't allow me to
11th May 2014, 11:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
What?
Flash back to stock or stock recovery?
11th May 2014, 11:52 AM |#5  

More
I have a rooted t mobile flex and I installed the update to 4.4.2 via lg pc suite. it took my root away but have re-rooted it.
12th May 2014, 06:30 AM |#6  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymcachef

I have a rooted t mobile flex and I installed the update to 4.4.2 via lg pc suite. it took my root away but have re-rooted it.

How did you re-root your T-Mobile LG G Flex?
12th May 2014, 08:47 PM |#7  
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Ioroot25 should root your 4.4.2. Havent tried yet but it should work. Keeping mine stock
12th May 2014, 10:21 PM |#8  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

Ioroot25 should root your 4.4.2. Havent tried yet but it should work. Keeping mine stock

IOroot 25 doesn't yet root a TMobile G Flex...

Sent from my plasticy, bendy, electronic gadget thing using tapatalk forum reading/posting thing.
13th May 2014, 02:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

nope, doesnt work on 4.4, only 4.2
13th May 2014, 10:09 PM |#10  
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Like i said i havent tied it cause ive found no reason to root
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread