XTZ-Call&USSD Enabler (Update: 13/06/2014)
When I first bought this device, I thought I could make a phone call or use simple USSD to check balance or to top up. I end up disappointed, as I always have to remove sim card and put on other device just to top up my balance.
However, worry no more. I've managed to modify framework-res.apk to support USSD. And now calling is also possible thanks to animer3009. We did it mate!
I'm happy to present this mod.
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE- isn't it obvious?
- Stock kitkat .230 rooted
- XTZ-Call&USSD Enabler v2.zip
- Revert to Stock.zip
1. Back up ur tablet, just in case
2. Put the XTZ-Call&USSD.zip and Revert to Stock.zip file in internal storage
3. Flash C6603_230_Generic_CE_Baseband.ftf through flashtool
4. Simply flash XTZ-Call&USSD Enabler v2.zip through recovery
5. Reboot and enjoy calling through your tablet and use USSD function
BUT IF BOOTLOOP
Proceed to #6
6. Reboot and flash Revert to Stock.zip
7. Reboot and let stock framework to load
8. Reboot and do #4 again
Notice: If you are coming from other than stock rom. You have to let the newly installed stock rom to boot first then restart and follow the instructions!
*Alternate way: (not my works)
Originally Posted by animer3009
There is other solution to:
1) flash baseband
2) install xposed frimework (will reboot)
3) install and enable in xposed: kitkat sms+tether enabler (reboot)
4) install dialer
It works grate for me...
XTZ-Call&USSD Enabler v2.zip : http://www.mediafire.com/?fq3efxxjd2ne84f
Revert to Stock 4.4 .230: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mi..._Stock_4.4.zip
-Voice call since I only know how to make USSD to work. I suspected that baseband modification is needed in order to make voice call.
- Can't make a call in LTE
V1- initial release
animer3009 - for the great baseband discovery
Rootk1t - for figuring out the cause of bootloop bug
Sony Xperia Z-for the baseband
Sony-for locking us from calling
Please Give me a thank if it works XD
Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app