[Q] network operator called US instead of Tmobile with Omnirom

Search This thread

jonjilla

Jun 15, 2014
Hello, I just installed the new OMNIROM 4.4.3 for T0LTE. My SIM is Tmobile and it used to be called Tmobile, but not is being called "US". Is this normal? Any reason why the operator name is no longer Tmobile with this ROM?

jonjilla

Jun 15, 2014
Are you talking about the text that is displayed on the lock screen?

In all places that reference the network carrier. The lock screen, and in the About Phone --> Status --> Network. It says US there also. And if you try to manually select the network operator, tmobile doesn't show up, and only US is available (in addition to AT&T and Verizon).

In my previous ROM (which was CM11 for T0LTETMO) it used to say Tmobile. Note, when I use CM11 for T0LTE, I also see the operator called "US" instead of "Tmobile"

MinionInNC

Jan 14, 2010
Sorry. Should have been "change the build.prop".

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Having the same problem, checked in the build.prop, found the one that said US, changed it to T-Mobile, rebooted and still shows US on the lockscreen. Edited the APN settings as well, still shows US. Not that its a big deal, just bugs me a little bit.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Having the same problem, checked in the build.prop, found the one that said US, changed it to T-Mobile, rebooted and still shows US on the lockscreen. Edited the APN settings as well, still shows US. Not that its a big deal, just bugs me a little bit.

I'm tinkering with a source build to see if I can make it Tmo specific.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement