[MOD] CloudyG3 - How to Get Roboto Font Back

Search This thread

autom8r

Aug 17, 2010
I love @Cloudyfa G3 ROM, but I couldn't seem to find my favorite font Roboto in the list anymore. To enable Roboto I built a new system_fonts.xml and zipped together Google's Roboto fonts to ensure the original AOSP ones are in the ROM.

To enable Roboto again, using Root Explorer (or a like app):

1. Backup /system/etc/system_fonts.xml
  2. Copy system_fonts.xml from the zip attachment (system_fonts.zip) into /system/etc
  3. Set permissions on system_fonts.xml to rw-r--r--
  4. Backup /system/fonts
  5. Copy the 18 Roboto .ttf files from the zip attachment (Roboto.zip) and paste into /system/fonts
  6. Set permissions on all 18 .ttf files just pasted to rw-r--r--

Now, reboot and select Roboto from Settings > Display > Font type. Voila! You will have the correct AOSP Roboto look to your launcher and apps.

Cheers

Attachments

• Roboto.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 866
  • system_fonts.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:

Henryy97

Apr 14, 2011
I love @Cloudyfa G3 ROM, but I couldn't seem to find my favorite font Roboto in the list anymore. To enable Roboto I built a new system_fonts.xml and zipped together Google's Roboto fonts to ensure the original AOSP ones are in the ROM.

2. Copy system_fonts.xml from the zip attachment (system_fonts.zip) into /system/etc
  4. Backup /system/fonts
  5. Copy the 18 Roboto .ttf files from the zip attachment (Roboto.zip) and paste into /system/fonts

Now, reboot and select Roboto from Settings > Display > Font type. Voila! You will have the correct AOSP Roboto look to your launcher and apps.

Cheers

Thanks man, do you think you could do any tweaking to give us a menu button in the navigation bar? :) Maybe it can be replaced by the splitview or notifications button.

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
Thank you.

Why don't you have one zip file to do all of the steps you mentioned?

Because he wants you to not be a total noob that waits around for someone to make doing any modification to the phone simple. This is all very simple to do anyways, and its good to know the methods behind the mods

autom8r

Aug 17, 2010
Because he wants you to not be a total noob that waits around for someone to make doing any modification to the phone simple. This is all very simple to do anyways, and its good to know the methods behind the mods
There's 6 steps, but it's about 30 seconds of work...

And yes, he's right, I want you to actually understand what's going on here.

Owner of http://www.ootpapps.com & a D803

Reactions: martindar

autom8r

Aug 17, 2010
If someone points me towards a guide for making flashable zips, I'll do one.

Never bothered with that before as I just use adb or an app on device like root explorer.

Thanx

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida

Never bothered with that before as I just use adb or an app on device like root explorer.

Thanx

Wish I had a guide to link you to but I learned to create flashable zips by trial and error, anyways I made two for you one for the roboto fonts and one for stock fonts you can grab them here in the roboto fonts zip I made sure to add:
Roboto fonts for cloudyg3
by autom8r

Sent from my potato powered LG G3 D800

Reactions: philsfan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4. Backup /system/fonts

Cheers
    Is it possible to import the wireless storage feature from g2? It's missing in G3
    +1

Gửi từ LG-F320S của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
    There's 6 steps, but it's about 30 seconds of work...

And yes, he's right, I want you to actually understand what's going on here.

Thanx

Wish I had a guide to link you to but I learned to create flashable zips by trial and error, anyways I made two for you one for the roboto fonts and one for stock fonts you can grab them here in the roboto fonts zip I made sure to add:
    Roboto fonts for cloudyg3
    by autom8r

Sent from my potato powered LG G3 D800