Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 is not detected by Windows 8.1. Update 1

Tip us?

zan5hin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default G2 is not detected by Windows 8.1. Update 1

Hi, I have a pretty new windows laptop, and last week it was working fine, you plug in the phone and it gives you an option on the connection method.

This week however, it stopped working I plug in the phone, it shows that it vibrates, shows the little popup cable down the bottom and charges, but even though "ask upon connecting" is ticked - there are no longer any connection options popping up, and no response from the computer.

I have tried reinstalling the LG drivers on the laptop, and soft reset the phone, reboot the laptop. No love.

I looked in device manager but I can't see it there, and don't know what I am looking for.

Any help would be appreciated short of reinstalling windows. Tempted to install a ROM but waiting for a good one with the new G3 Flat UI to come out soon.

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Perhaps try uninstalling the driver for G2 in device manager. My surface recognizes mine in 8.1, so your issue is fixable.

Sent from my LG-D802
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

efstajas
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Look for an unidentified device in Device Manager perhaps. It'll have a yellow triangle sign on it. Then right click, properties, driver, update driver, browse locally, and select the G2 driver.