Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Device Essential Material *** Firmware, Source Code, Root etc.***

Tip us?

Snah001
Old
(Last edited by Snah001; 12th August 2014 at 08:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,135
Default Device Essential Material *** Firmware, Source Code, Root etc.***

This thread will list and link to all core device essential stuff.
PM me if there is new stuff or something doesn't work please

STOCK ASUS FIRMWARE

WW_epaduser_11_4_1_17_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
US_epaduser_11_4_1_17_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE

WW_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
US_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
CN_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
TW_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE

US_epaduser_10_26_1_7_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
TW_epaduser_10_26_1_7_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE

CN_epaduser_10_14_1_47_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
JP_epaduser_10_14_1_47_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
US_epaduser_10_14_1_47_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE
WW_epaduser_10_14_1_47_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE

CN_epaduse_10_14_1_45_UpdateLauncher.zip: HERE

How to flash:
Step 1: Download and unzip the zipfile of your choice.
Step 2: Copy the new Zipfile and paste it in root directory of your internal SdCard, then reboot the device and the update will automatically start.

ASUS SOURCE CODE

kernel_10_14_1_42.rar: HERE
kernel_10_14_1_45.rar: HERE
kernel_10_14_1_47.rar: HERE
kernel_10_26_1_7.rar: HERE
kernel_10_26_1_18.rar: HERE
kernel_11_4_1_17.rar: HERE

UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE

0820-0954_SIGNED_UnLock_for_TF701_repart.apk: HERE
How to unlock:
- Download the Asus unlock app
- Install and run the app. This will require a valid google account (if you use one time passwords, you'll need to generate one for this purpose) and internet access.
- When booting with [vol-] + [power] pressed, the transformer will show the message "The device is unlocked"

ROOT TOOLS

Read here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516215

CUSTOM RECOVERY

CWM Recovery V6.0.4.8. for 4.3*: HERE
ATTENTION: you must have an unlocked bootloader
How to flash this:
- reboot device into fastboot mode:
- adb reboot bootloader
- now flash the recovery using : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img [where recovery.img is the name of the file image you downloaded]

CUSTOM ROM'S

By Sbdags based on stock with quite some enhancements: HERE

CyanogenMod 11 Preview Proxy thread: HERE

THEMES

Non available yet

BOOTANIMATIONS

Non available yet

OTHER MOD'S

None available yet

PARTITION INFORMATION**

Code:
name  device                    mountpoint  fs    description
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/ADF   /dev/block/mmcblk0p7      /ADF        ext4  ?
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/APD   /dev/block/mmcblk0p6      /APD        ext4  ASUS Product Demo
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/APP   /dev/block/mmcblk0p4      /system     ext4  Android OS
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/CAC   /dev/block/mmcblk0p5      /cache      ext4  recovery logs
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/CRA   /dev/block/mmcblk0p11                       ?
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/DTB   /dev/block/mmcblk0p2                        ?
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/EKS   /dev/block/mmcblk0p13                       NVEKSP
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/LNX   /dev/block/mmcblk0p3                        Linux kernel (8388608 b)
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/MDA   /dev/block/mmcblk0p12                       ?
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/MSC   /dev/block/mmcblk0p8                        empty (misc, bootloader etc.)
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/PER   /dev/block/mmcblk0p10     /persist    ext4  config/calibration data
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/SOS   /dev/block/mmcblk0p1                        Recovery kernel (8388608 b)
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/UDA   /dev/block/mmcblk0p14     /data       ext4  Android user data
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/USP   /dev/block/mmcblk0p9                        Staging (blob)
RECOVERY.FSTAB**
Code:
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP   /system             ext4      ro                                                    wait
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC   /cache              ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic    wait
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA   /data               ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic    wait,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MDA
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MSC   /misc               emmc      defaults                                              defaults
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX   /boot               emmc      defaults                                              defaults
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS   /recovery           emmc      defaults                                              defaults
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/USP   /staging            emmc      defaults                                              defaults
/devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc1   /storage/sdcard1    vfat      default                                               voldmanaged=sdcard:auto
/devices/platform/tegra-ehci.0                  /mnt/usbdrive       vfat      default                                               voldmanaged=usbdrive:auto
BLOB**
Code:
name        size                description         status
10.14.1.47:  Attachment 2435244
blob.BCT    8,192 Bytes         Boot Config Table   (original)  Attachment 2435246
blob.BC1    8,192 Bytes         ?                   (original)  Attachment 2435245
blob.EBT    1,396,736 Bytes     Bootloader          (original)  Attachment 2435247
blob.PT     2,202 Bytes         Partition Table     (original)  Attachment 2435248

10.26.1.7:  Attachment 2435238
blob.BCT    8,192 Bytes         Boot Config Table   (unchanged) Attachment 2435241
blob.BC1    8,192 Bytes         ?                   (changed)   Attachment 2435240
blob.EBT    1,421,312 Bytes     Bootloader          (changed)   Attachment 2435242
**= Thanks to Ipdunwell for sharing this info

HOW TO UNBRICK YOUR DEVICE

Read here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81&postcount=1

ATTENTION

YOUR WARRANTY COULD BE VOID DUE TO ROOTING AND UNLOCKING YOUR DEVICE (depending of which country you reside)
I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards or dead docks.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about the files here BEFORE flashing anything!
When you have no clue what we are talking about here you better leave your hands off it!!
YOU are choosing yourself freely to use these file(s) all by yourself!!!
1 x ONE M8 MaximusHD 7.1.0 - 4.4.3. / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Snah001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleeepy2
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Updated Recovery for 4.3 with working "external" SD card, found here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621051

Custom Rom's
Cromi-x
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608129

CM11 -Preview (Unofficial)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621028
Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Carbon Rom for now

ASUS Transformer TF701
ROM: CROMi-X

HP TouchPad
ROM: CM 10 something or other.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleeepy2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Motawa88
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Delete

tf701mega
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root and firmware.

Hello all. I'm new to the site, and very sorry if this is a dumb question, but Id rather sound dumb than brick my transformer.. I'm planning to root my TF701 following lpdunwells guide. One of the prerequisites is to have 10.14.1.47 as the firmware version. My question is this.. When I unlock my bootloader and it wipes my tablet, will it reset me back to the original firmware version? Or will this matter?
My current firmware version is 10.26.1.18

Thank you very much in advance for your help, also, I will greatly appreciate any and all help and info regarding this matter.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf701mega View Post
Hello all. I'm new to the site, and very sorry if this is a dumb question, but Id rather sound dumb than brick my transformer.. I'm planning to root my TF701 following lpdunwells guide. One of the prerequisites is to have 10.14.1.47 as the firmware version. My question is this.. When I unlock my bootloader and it wipes my tablet, will it reset me back to the original firmware version? Or will this matter?
My current firmware version is 10.26.1.18

Thank you very much in advance for your help, also, I will greatly appreciate any and all help and info regarding this matter.
If you want to root then use my guide as it is for 10.26.1.18. Downgrading to .47 and back up again is really painful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henengel
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Lightbulb download problem

Hi OP,
Download links are down...
please fix theme?

kuthedude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by henengel View Post
Hi OP,
Download links are down...
please fix theme?
anyone know where I can get the files? links are broken

Sleeepy2
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthedude View Post
anyone know where I can get the files? links are broken
Which files are you looking for?
Most of the files are available from ASUS's website and the ROM and recovery links are old and newer ones are available in the Development section of this form.
Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Carbon Rom for now

ASUS Transformer TF701
ROM: CROMi-X

HP TouchPad
ROM: CM 10 something or other.

Snah001
Old
(Last edited by Snah001; 12th August 2014 at 08:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,135
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Asked in the OP to PM me if there is new stuff or if somethings doesn't work but received nothing.
Files will be back end of the day with latest firmware and kernel source.
1 x ONE M8 MaximusHD 7.1.0 - 4.4.3. / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock
The Following User Says Thank You to Snah001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

royredman
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Hi, I am getting my tablet soon, and I am assuming the tablet will be on 4.3 or earlier by the time I get it.

What firmware/kernal/boot loader is the best setup to get me onto the latest 4.3 OS. I only am wanting this because I want to avoid the 4.4.2 battery drain issues (since I am most likely going to flash an AOSP ROM after I get this tablet).

Also, how would I be able to properly update the tablet with the firmware/kernal/boot loader? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Tags
new updates firmware and source 10_26_1_18