FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tf701 not on forum yet?

435 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By shaggydiamond, Senior Member on 22nd October 2013, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was just wondering why the tf701 isn't added to the forum yet.
I have heard nothing about it over at xda, is it me or are people just not stoked to welcome this device?

This also makes me wonder on how development is going to be on this device..

22nd October 2013, 03:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i am wondering about exactly the same, since i have one already :P
22nd October 2013, 03:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag area 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamensis

i am wondering about exactly the same, since i have one already :P

Do you come from a tf700 as well? If so, how does the non-aluminum dock feel like : cheap, sturdy etc.
Oh and have you experienced any random reboots? I heard stories about that
22nd October 2013, 03:42 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydiamond

Do you come from a tf700 as well? If so, how does the non-aluminum dock feel like : cheap, sturdy etc.
Oh and have you experienced any random reboots? I heard stories about that

Nope, didnt have any tablet before. the dock feels slightly cheap, but can be due to the light weight.
I've read about that reboot crash stuff aswell at amazon,but i did not experience such things so far, AND there is already a new firmware that fixes those problems (also written at amazon).

What i also like is that Asus already released the Bootloader unlocker, but since only have it since 4 days i want to wait until i do such things.

Negative points so far: No Vibration.

positive points so far: Battery, Floating Apps, not that much bloat ware.
22nd October 2013, 03:55 PM |#5  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 110

More
+1

Mods, please create a TF701 forum section plz
22nd October 2013, 05:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Talking
+1

I'll be getting one of these beauties to replace my TF101
22nd October 2013, 11:10 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag area 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamensis

Nope, didnt have any tablet before. the dock feels slightly cheap, but can be due to the light weight.
I've read about that reboot crash stuff aswell at amazon,but i did not experience such things so far, AND there is already a new firmware that fixes those problems (also written at amazon).

What i also like is that Asus already released the Bootloader unlocker, but since only have it since 4 days i want to wait until i do such things.

Negative points so far: No Vibration.

positive points so far: Battery, Floating Apps, not that much bloat ware.

I was able to root my tf700t without unlocking bootloader, in fact i've customized it to a maximum level using only root.
So no rom flashing or anything.

Maybe that method will work on the tf701, but I highly doubt it cause its a new processor.
Still waiting for the new infinity to come to shops, it's available in webshops but I want to have a warranty at a store.

Can't wait to have it though
23rd October 2013, 08:28 AM |#8  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydiamond

I was able to root my tf700t without unlocking bootloader, in fact i've customized it to a maximum level using only root.
So no rom flashing or anything.

Maybe that method will work on the tf701, but I highly doubt it cause its a new processor.
Still waiting for the new infinity to come to shops, it's available in webshops but I want to have a warranty at a store.

Can't wait to have it though

I received my TF701 yesterday. In the Netherlands it is already available in some webshops.

First impression:
- crystal clear screen (in one word: WOW)
- no lag of any sort: everything works great
- graphics on games as Beach Buggy Blitz are amazing! No lag of any sort, not even on the highest resolution etc.
- tablet itself has an aluminium cover (dark grey). It does not look purple like the prime. I like it, but that's a personal thing
- WiFi is excellent! Compared to the Transformer Prime, that is not a surprise. However, the TF701 detects the same signals as the 17" laptop, a desktop PC with a USB-wifidongle and a cellphone (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini) do.
- GPS is detecting satellites instantly

And now the cons:
- the dock is made of plastic and sounds plastic, al little cheap. Everything works as it should though...
- I tried to plug in a USB-stick: some force is needed (though I thinks that has to do with the stick, which is always in my pocket...
- at start up I tried the mousepad, it did not work instantly... After I plugged in a USB-stick, it worked splendidly (every time). It seems you have to 'activate' the mousepad
- I am desperately missing root... I'd like to put back my backups, but that doesn't work right now.
- the server to update firmware automaticly was down yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to Govermans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Govermans Ad-Free
23rd October 2013, 10:05 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag area 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govermans

I received my TF701 yesterday. In the Netherlands it is already available in some webshops.

First impression:
- crystal clear screen (in one word: WOW)
- no lag of any sort: everything works great
- graphics on games as Beach Buggy Blitz are amazing! No lag of any sort, not even on the highest resolution etc.
- tablet itself has an aluminium cover (dark grey). It does not look purple like the prime. I like it, but that's a personal thing
- WiFi is excellent! Compared to the Transformer Prime, that is not a surprise. However, the TF701 detects the same signals as the 17" laptop, a desktop PC with a USB-wifidongle and a cellphone (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini) do.
- GPS is detecting satellites instantly

And now the cons:
- the dock is made of plastic and sounds plastic, al little cheap. Everything works as it should though...
- I tried to plug in a USB-stick: some force is needed (though I thinks that has to do with the stick, which is always in my pocket...
- at start up I tried the mousepad, it did not work instantly... After I plugged in a USB-stick, it worked splendidly (every time). It seems you have to 'activate' the mousepad
- I am desperately missing root... I'd like to put back my backups, but that doesn't work right now.
- the server to update firmware automaticly was down yesterday.

Thanks for informing me ^^
About that usb stick insertion thing, I had the same thing going on with my tf700 with any usb cable or stick. it's definitely the usb port I think.
You could try and root using motochopper or a CF auto root. This doesn't affect your bootloader what so ever so if it works, its great, and if it fails.. well it just fails then, no harm there at all
23rd October 2013, 02:52 PM |#10  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have tried motorchopper and DebugfsRoot_Generic_v2.3. They both did not work: I have no root.

And for the record: I am NOT taking a risk of HARD-BRICK my brandnew device... So no flashing and downgrades for me the next 24 months...
23rd October 2013, 03:46 PM |#11  

More
True.

but tbh, i flashed the new firmware today cause i had a random reboot yesterday. So far the slight lags are gone, and no reboots, i'll keep on testing
The Following User Says Thank You to Lamensis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lamensis Ad-Free

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)