[Q] Liquidsmooth 2.9 no sound during calls

17th June 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Donate to Me
Hi everybody,

First and foremost -- forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I'm not a very technically proficient person when it comes to phones, but I'm trying. A friend of mine installed Liquidsmooth 2.9 (4.2.2) on my S4 for me back in September or so (I would be very hard-pressed to root my phone by myself even now). I absolutely love the mod, though there's been one issue that's persistent since its installation -- the lack of sound during phone calls.

Sometimes dialing out there's no sound: no ringing, and no sound when the other person picks up the line. Likewise, there are times when I receive a call, pick up the phone, and there's no sound at all. There's not really a pattern to this problem; it occurs not too often but still too frequently for my tastes. I've done some searches both here and through other sites and other people have mentioned having this problem, but I cannot seem to find a solution.

I know that 2.9 is by now a relatively old version of Liquidsmooth -- I see that 3.0 was released just recently. Perhaps my problem could be solved by flashing to a new version, but I'd prefer to not have that as a first fix. If patching up to either 2.10 or 3.0 is the only solution, does somebody have a link to a noob-friendly guide? I'm really afraid of bricking my phone, so if I do have to flash I'd want to do so with the utmost caution while following very clear directions.

Model number: SGH-M919
Android version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: M919UVUAMDL
Kernel version: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g564a67b liquid@ubuntu #1
Liquidsmooth version: Liquid-JB-v2.9-OFFICIAL
Build number: liquid_jfltetmo-userdebut 4.2.2 JDQ39E eng.liquid.20130720.020155 test-keys

Let me know if I can provide more information. Would really like to solve this longstanding issue!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread