LG G3 Chromecast

Search This thread

jms.flynn

Jul 10, 2008
Hi All,

Not sure if anybody else is having this issue but whenever I try to play something on my chromecast with my G3 I get a systemui crash.

Never had this issue on my nexus 5 or my Z1 compact.

Anybody else experience this issue?

Thanks

fahadq8000

Feb 15, 2010
Continous error msg same as attached and you can not use the mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-21-20-42-31-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-21-20-42-31-1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 809

fahadq8000

Feb 15, 2010
Yes it does.

The error msg came once i pull the notification panel.
I restarted the mobile and the vedio still working at the chromcast.

Reactions: Lennyuk

colinduong

Jan 7, 2014
same problem

Hi All,

Not sure if anybody else is having this issue but whenever I try to play something on my chromecast with my G3 I get a systemui crash.

Never had this issue on my nexus 5 or my Z1 compact.

Anybody else experience this issue?

Thanks

I'm so glad someone brought this up...I thought it was only me at first. Was ready to flash it thinking it would fix it.

Anyone able to figure out how to fix it or should we just avoid casting anything on our G3 until theres a fix?

jscsltd

Aug 1, 2005
melton mowbray
Shame this didn't work for you.
My YouTube app that does seem ok is version: 5.3.28
Not sure if it's possible to downgrade to this version though!

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Wait until they update the app its probably a incompatibility with the qhd screen....report it to them via app store and they should fix it in a couple days

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jms.flynn

Jul 10, 2008
Unfortunately it is not just a youtube related problem. If you have the chrome beta app you can stream and mp4 videos from the browser directly to the chromecast and it crashed then also.

Also BubbleUPNP crashes when streaming to the chromecast.

A similar bug was found in some early samsung devices which samsung fixed with a software update so I believe this is for LG to fix and not Google.

fgcchevy

May 1, 2010
Center Hill
This is happening to me on my lg gpad that i just got an update for a couple days ago! Anyone have a solution, please post it. Tia

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

prfraczek

Dec 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Can you guys recommend something like apple tv- just two clicks and I've got my phone on my TV or audio on amplifier. Something simple and compatible with whole OS not just with two apps ie youtube or gallery...

Last edited:

deedscreen

Nov 4, 2010
Connecticut
Is there anyone who are having these issues with Chromecast that are NOT rooted? Can someone confirm?

I'm not saying being rooted is the cause. That's stupid talk. I want to see if this is a feature LG breaks for rooted devices, or if this is simply a nasty bug. Some manufacturers do things like that, not that LG has a history of doing this (to my knowledge).

Top Liked Posts