Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOFTWARE] [GUIDE]***Odin Back To Stock*** Retail Verizon S5 NCG and NE9 Firmware

Tip us?

Misterxtc
Old
(Last edited by Misterxtc; 9th August 2014 at 02:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Arrow [SOFTWARE] [GUIDE]***Odin Back To Stock*** Retail Verizon S5 NCG and NE9 Firmware

Here is a link to the stock Verizon tar file to flash in download mode via Odin. Use this to return to factory stock if a factory reset dose not solve any problems you may have with your retail Verizon S5. This will remove root and any custom recovery. I have also included a .pit file if you want to repartition your device and a link to Odin. If you find these files useful and download them please hit the thanks button. Do not copy these files and repost them, make a link to this thread instead. If I missed anything in the instructions please let me know and I will update the OP. Thanks and enjoy.

Instructions:
1: Download Odin and Verizon S5 Retail Tar from the links below. Then extract the Odin.zip file ..
2: Run Odin and pick the AP button then navigate to where you saved ALL_VZW_G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_964333_REV00_u ser_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 and chose that file. Let Odin verify the file.
3: If you want to re-partition the phone unzip the pit file and chose that with the Pit button in Odin. This is optional.
4: Turn off your phone and enter download mode by holding the home, volume down and the power buttons until the enter download mode screen appears. Then enter download mode by letting go of the buttons and then press the volume up key.
6: Now you should be in download mode, connect your phone to your PC now. Odin should say connected in the message box, if not you need to install your Samsung phone drivers.
7: After connecting your phone and loading the tar file press the AP button and let Odin do it's job. This will take about 5 to to 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient and do not disconnect your phone until the phone reboots and the word Pass appears in the upper left corner of Odin.
8: That's it, you should now be in the phone setup screen with the words Pass in Odin if all went well.

Verizon S5 Retail Tar NCG baseband and Mar 31 kernel or Here
MD5: 699a949b57c771b00db9f3ed675c7a5e

NCG Pit
MD5: 3dd82f91a02c82e60e0a1f9964fdb5c0

Odin 3.09
MD5: 810ad286967d0a33881fd8181d35959f

Samsung Drivers (Chose the downloads tab)

Free MD5 Check Software
MD5: b110fdcfbd6dd8f3ea005f16f991c6c0

Download G900VVRU1ANE9 Retail tar here.
MD5: c6bbe01a983a668a437cec6a8b5ce67f
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 835
lol "will this give us custom recovery" "will this trip knox counter" answer is no before ppl ask lmao. This is great to have though! i was lookin for a odin tar yesterday n here it is!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy View Post
lol "will this give us custom recovery" "will this trip knox counter" answer is no before ppl ask lmao. This is great to have though! i was lookin for a odin tar yesterday n here it is!

Ha Ha.... No and No. I can confirm this, I flashed my own phone first. On a side note don't use flash gordon to flash zip files. You might mess up your phone beyond the factory reset. It's all good now.

dlscott1111
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Really appreciate this! With root we have the ability to really mess up our phone. This gives some peace of mind. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to dlscott1111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott1111 View Post
Really appreciate this! With root we have the ability to really mess up our phone. This gives some peace of mind. Thanks!
No problem, I'm having this moved to this thread probably tomorrow morning. I figured we should combine threads to cut down on some clutter in the general thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kinanizer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry if this a noobish question, I've never used Odin. By repartition are you saying I can use this to make the system partition smaller and add more space to the rest of the system?

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinanizer View Post
Sorry if this a noobish question, I've never used Odin. By repartition are you saying I can use this to make the system partition smaller and add more space to the rest of the system?
lol its not like a hdd in a pc.. itll basically reformat n repartition the drive like new i believe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinanizer View Post
No the pit file just re-partitions the phone to stock partition sizes. As far as I know you can only change partition sizes thru a custom recovery like safestrap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

warriorpluto
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Now we need a file like this that doesn't touch the internal sd card. Just a system refresh

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
my feedback
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8-warriorpluto

Originally Posted by xxnitro123
yee ill take screenshots... when i take a pic of the screen it doenst show in the picture because the color interferes with the light
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warriorpluto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorpluto View Post
Now we need a file like this that doesn't touch the internal sd card. Just a system refresh

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
This would be a job for safestrap.