Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 43,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX]Xposed framework lag

Tip us?

Rakuu
Old
(Last edited by Rakuu; 17th June 2014 at 06:44 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [FIX]Xposed framework lag

For those who expirienced lag/slowness after installing the Xposed framework with no modules or anything, here is a solution:

1. Uninstall Xposed framework
2. Go in /system and open build.prop in a text editor
3. go to the line ( “ro.securestorage.support=true” ) and change it to false
4. Install the xposed framework
5. Clear the app data for S-Health and HealthService
6. Reboot

Credit for this fix goes to cokenet in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2768445

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rakuu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raynan
Old
Thanks Meter 209
My solution was to reboot into the recovery, wipe cache and reboot. Not sure if its just temporary, but it seems to work
The Following User Says Thank You to raynan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BAM1789
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuu View Post
For those who expirienced lag/slowness after installing the Xposed framework with no modules or anything otherwise, here are some possible solutions:

-Disable S-Health
1. Open TiBu
2. Freeze "S-Health" and "healthservice"
3. Reboot

-Disable "secure mode"
1. Uninstall Xposed framework
2. Go in /system and open build.prop in a text editor
3. go to the line ( “ro.securestorage.support=true” ) and change it to false
4. Install the xposed framework
5. Reboot
Credit for this fix goes to cokenet in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2768445

Hope this helps, these can be done in any order. I'll add any other solutions if they are found.

Works great, thanks for pointing that out.
DAT QHD G3

skyrocketeer
Old
Thanks Meter 115
In my experience, it wasn't xopsed causing the lag, it was TiBu as it was asking for root access constantly in the background. If you check your super su logs, it might list titanium backup tons of times.

Off-topic: What if I want to use S Health and Xposed? I know Xposed breaks S Health...
Samsung SGH-X426 >Nokia 6126 > Sony Ericsson W580i > Nokia E62 > Palm Treo 680 > Palm Pre Plus > Samsung Skyrocket i727 with JellyBean!> Samsung Galaxy S5

Oh and a Kindle Fire HD 7 won from a raffle.

Remember to press Thanks if I helped you!

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocketeer View Post
Off-topic: What if I want to use S Health and Xposed? I know Xposed breaks S Health...

It doesn't actually. It's an incompatible dependency. There have been a number of threads on the subject, so do a search to confirm the details, but I believe it was the ro.securestorage.support=false property that resolves the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skyrocketeer
Old
(Last edited by skyrocketeer; 17th June 2014 at 08:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 115
Just for others' future reference. To fix S health
  1. Make sure the Xposed isn’t installed.
  2. We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.
  3. Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.
  4. Now change the line to “ro.securestorage.support=false”.
  5. Install the Xposed framework again.
  6. The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.
http://www.andromods.com/fix-trouble...galaxy-s5.html
Samsung SGH-X426 >Nokia 6126 > Sony Ericsson W580i > Nokia E62 > Palm Treo 680 > Palm Pre Plus > Samsung Skyrocket i727 with JellyBean!> Samsung Galaxy S5

Oh and a Kindle Fire HD 7 won from a raffle.

Remember to press Thanks if I helped you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyrocketeer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rakuu
Old
(Last edited by Rakuu; 17th June 2014 at 03:53 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocketeer View Post
Just for others' future reference. To fix S health
[LIST=1][*]Make sure the Xposed isn’t installed.[*]We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.[*]Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.[*]Now change the line to “ro.securestorage.support=false”.[*]Install the Xposed framework again.[*]The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.
So would it be safe to say that editing the build.prop is the "official solution"?

verks
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I would like to hear others results. I rooted last night, changed nothing and have horrible lag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

dirtydodge
Old
(Last edited by dirtydodge; 17th June 2014 at 06:40 PM.) Reason: Added My Phone Info
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuu View Post
So would it be safe to say that editing the build.prop is the "official solution"?

I changed the Build.Prop as stated and wiped the S Health cache and data and reinstalled xposed framework and so far have not had any problem's with lag

Samsung-SM-G900A

Rakuu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydodge View Post
I changed the Build.Prop as stated and wiped the S Health cache and data and reinstalled xposed framework and so far have not had any problem's with lag
Alright, ill edit the op.