Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Towelroot, a new way of rooting Samsung phones?

Tip us?

oscarthegrouch
Old
(Last edited by oscarthegrouch; 17th June 2014 at 11:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Default Towelroot, a new way of rooting Samsung phones?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157 I don't know if this will work for our phones. I don't know if it's safe, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Read about it originally at androidandme.

Edit: People are reporting it works with the sprint note 3 and doesn't trip Knox.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oscarthegrouch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1976sam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default So far so good

I gave the towel apk a try and I must say an excellent and easy root . I went from slim rom back to nc5 stock uprooted . Down loaded root checker pro then from the stock browser I downloaded the apk file . No problems with my reinstall of twrp. No problems flashing a new rom . Will say that busy box needs to be reinstalled but having no problems at all

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976sam View Post
I gave the towel apk a try and I must say an excellent and easy root . I went from slim rom back to nc5 stock uprooted . Down loaded root checker pro then from the stock browser I downloaded the apk file . No problems with my reinstall of twrp. No problems flashing a new rom . Will say that busy box needs to be reinstalled but having no problems at all
Did it reset your Knox counter when you rooted with towelroot? If so, did the counter stay at 0x0 after you reinstalled TWRP? I'm already rooted and using TWRP so the only advantage to me would be to clear that Knox counter.

1976sam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well I have never been concerned with knox so I didn't notice an actual 0x0 but I will say all Samsung apps updated. Also I had no warnings on boot . Until flashing a kernel . Unless I've been told wrong that has little to do with my equipment replacement warranty so my thing with knox is solved with a🔨😆

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

wbchristmas
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Did it reset your Knox counter when you rooted with towelroot? If so, did the counter stay at 0x0 after you reinstalled TWRP? I'm already rooted and using TWRP so the only advantage to me would be to clear that Knox counter.

+1 about Knox
Have I helped in my contributions to the forum?

Hit thanks!

evilvoice
Old
Thanks Meter 243
I could be wrong, but this is only a root method that does not trip knox. It is not meant to reset knox. It is being marketed as a root method.

m4sta2k
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbchristmas View Post
+1 about Knox

Knox was not trigged ! 0X0 !!!!

Since i never had my device rooted and it was never trigged. And it stayed that way.

Full root access!

Note 3 N9005 newest rom
NEXUS 7
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4sta2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oscarthegrouch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Cool. Glad to hear that and hope it works out for you.

tweeker404
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Just gave this a shot. Never rooted this phone before. Finally took the plunge.

Worked a treat! Thank you so much. Will donate.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

jndrad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Woder if it will root my att s3?