Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 43,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Domestic UNLOCK achieved without sprint

Tip us?

frasslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Domestic UNLOCK achieved without sprint

Just as the title says.I finally did it after sleepless nights
But the derp part is I really don't know what I actually did to achieve this.
My efs got corrupted and I had to repair it using my wife's efs backup and no it didn't clone her imei or anything.My phone just booted back up and I tried #0011# and to my surprise it said network unblocked
The Following User Says Thank You to frasslee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJoel15
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Step by step

Please post step by step

frasslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJoel15 View Post
Please post step by step
I'm gonna have to sit down and retrace my steps because I don't want nobody messing up their phones.I might try it on my wife's phone but idk if she'll let me lol

NitroGEEK
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasslee View Post
I'm gonna have to sit down and retrace my steps because I don't want nobody messing up their phones.I might try it on my wife's phone but idk if she'll let me lol
This Must Be The best Thing Ever LoL But Time To Wait And Think Hard On What You Did but wait Have You Tried Putting another sim?

ForeignOfficial
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default WOW

I have only had an account for a day and this is crazy people here are so genius ha maybe one day ill find something

frasslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well guys my phone got messed earlier after everything.I restored back to stock and then tried to restore my efs and bricked it.I am so mad right now.
Just to let you know I was getting data and calls but invalid Sim was still popping up

servimp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Check the efs fix here

WOW, This is great news!

Good luck getting your phone back on track, have you tried this file to fix your phone?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/89...ringBackup.zip

Please let us know the steps you did to achieve the unlock, what sim card did you test after that?.

frasslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It's not a brick loop.My phone is dead completely. Looks like I gotta change my logic board

NitroGEEK
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasslee View Post
It's not a brick loop.My phone is dead completely. Looks like I gotta change my logic board
Well Then That's A Bust... I Bricked My Phone And Only The Samsung Boot Img Came Up And That's It.... But I Don't Think You Can Fry Your Mother board Like That Unless Cpu Super heats Or Something

frasslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGEEK View Post
Well Then That's A Bust... I Bricked My Phone And Only The Samsung Boot Img Came Up And That's It.... But I Don't Think You Can Fry Your Mother board Like That Unless Cpu Super heats Or Something
I even created a Derrick image with my wife's phone and tried it but it won't even get into download mode.Nothing