Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Prime Music is here! Update coming?

Tip us?
 
roaoro
Old
(Last edited by roaoro; 13th June 2014 at 12:03 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] Prime Music is here! Update coming?

Prime Music is finally here, I wonder if an update for the Fire Tv is near? I can't seem to find any music option on my Fire Tv, I guess my update block must be working...hopefully some other way to get access without unblocking.
 
fireTVnews.com
Old
#2  
fireTVnews.com's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jun 2014
I put my money on an update coming June 18th. That's the day Amazon is launching their smartphone. I'd imagine the Fire TV will interact with the phone in some way, so the Fire TV will need to be updated. We'll probably get Prime Music, CloudPlayer, and FreeTime along with smartphone interaction capabilities all at the same time.
 
deanemj
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 78
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireTVnews.com View Post
I put my money on an update coming June 18th. That's the day Amazon is launching their smartphone. I'd imagine the Fire TV will interact with the phone in some way, so the Fire TV will need to be updated. We'll probably get Prime Music, CloudPlayer, and FreeTime along with smartphone interaction capabilities all at the same time.
Amazon is making a smartphone? My iPhone 5 is aging rapidly and I've more or less decided to ditch iOS next round...maybe I'll have a looksee at their new product.
 
CiDhed
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 493
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
Amazon is making a smartphone? My iPhone 5 is aging rapidly and I've more or less decided to ditch iOS next round...maybe I'll have a looksee at their new product.
A better bet would be the M8 or Nexus 5(6 maybe?). Amazon smartphone will have a pretty limited market where as the others will have Google Play store and Amazon App store if you want.
HTC One M8 ROM: InsertCoin
HTC One M7 ROM: Sinless GPE
N7 32gb FLO ROM: CM11
FireTV ROM: Stock/Rooted
AppleTV2 Jailbroke-XBMC
Unused/Sold:
G1,MT3G,N1,NS,Evo3d,N7(12),Flyer,GalaxyTab+,N4,N5
The Following User Says Thank You to CiDhed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
deanemj
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 78
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDhed View Post
A better bet would be the M8 or Nexus 5(6 maybe?). Amazon smartphone will have a pretty limited market where as the others will have Google Play store and Amazon App store if you want.
I appreciate the tip! I've grown incredibly tired of Apple's bull**** and the iTunes App Store's insane restrictive policies. I want a phone that isn't locked down like the stock iOS is. It's frustrating as hell.
 
CiDhed
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 493
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
I appreciate the tip! I've grown incredibly tired of Apple's bull**** and the iTunes App Store's insane restrictive policies. I want a phone that isn't locked down like the stock iOS is. It's frustrating as hell.
Kindles are pretty locked down compared to standard Android phones. Go Nexus or someone with factory bootloader unlock support for the best experience. The M8 is a great stepping stone into the world of Android phones for people coming from the iPhone. Like I said, you can use Amazon Music, Amazon App Store, Google Music, Google Play Store and just about everything other than Amazon Prime Video on a standard Android phone.

It looks like iOS is making some much needed improvements in the next release. Hopefully they get it right, competition is great for us.
HTC One M8 ROM: InsertCoin
HTC One M7 ROM: Sinless GPE
N7 32gb FLO ROM: CM11
FireTV ROM: Stock/Rooted
AppleTV2 Jailbroke-XBMC
Unused/Sold:
G1,MT3G,N1,NS,Evo3d,N7(12),Flyer,GalaxyTab+,N4,N5
The Following User Says Thank You to CiDhed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
roaoro
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDhed View Post
A better bet would be the M8 or Nexus 5(6 maybe?). Amazon smartphone will have a pretty limited market where as the others will have Google Play store and Amazon App store if you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
I appreciate the tip! I've grown incredibly tired of Apple's bull**** and the iTunes App Store's insane restrictive policies. I want a phone that isn't locked down like the stock iOS is. It's frustrating as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDhed View Post
Kindles are pretty locked down compared to standard Android phones. Go Nexus or someone with factory bootloader unlock support for the best experience. The M8 is a great stepping stone into the world of Android phones for people coming from the iPhone. Like I said, you can use Amazon Music, Amazon App Store, Google Music, Google Play Store and just about everything other than Amazon Prime Video on a standard Android phone.

It looks like iOS is making some much needed improvements in the next release. Hopefully they get it right, competition is great for us.
Perhaps creating a new thread on phones or pm'ing each other might be a better option than derailing this one? Nothing personal, just seems to be happening a lot around here.
To stay on topic, has anyone had any luck with getting prime music to work on the fire tv? I was able to sideload and update the app, but it doesn't seem to be working well...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Twik Keeps Your Accounts Secure with Randomly Generated Passwords

If youre one of thosewho find it just an impossible task to keep trackof … more

Moto G 4G Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Love

When theMoto Gwas initially released to the world in November of last year,very few actually … more

Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more