Stumped on OTA 1.54.651.10

Search This thread

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm S-Off and on stock Rom w/ root & Capt's TWRP. I have attached screen shots of all pertinent information.

I have experienced the network connectivity issues that this update supposedly addresses. I don't want or need a full rom. I'm looking for the bare minimum that will help with the "network connectivity/voice & data"

Someone please advise what's the best way to do this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-04-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-04-12.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-19-27-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-19-27-23.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-19-55-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-19-55-39.png
    164 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-19-56-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-19-56-11.png
    145 KB · Views: 112

Duce HD2

Apr 2, 2010
UT
If you're S-OFF already, just flash the firmware. Click the radio number in my sig and it'll take you to the thread. That won't get rid of the OTA notification, though.
Thanks for sharing this. One thing, do I need to flash stock recovery for this to take when using hboot method? Or can I remain on TWRP and still work. Thanks

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I followed instructions, but nothing happens.. I don't have an external SD, I just placed it in the internal and renamed - could that be the problem?
So what you're actually saying is you didn't follow the instructions? The instructions say external for a reason (the internal "sdcard" isn't a removable SD card - it's emulated storage symlinked to the /sdcard folder). Looks like you'll have to either get a card or use the other method.

Last edited:

Duce HD2

Apr 2, 2010
UT
So what you're actually saying is you didn't follow the instructions? The instructions say external for a reason (the internal "sdcard" isn't even really an SD card - it's emulated storage symlinked to the /sdcard folder). Looks like you'll have to either get a card or use the other method.
Lol.. You're right. I was hoping it was going to work. Thanks for the help. [emoji106]

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

hazmad

Aug 29, 2010
Mass.
I'm S-Off and on stock Rom w/ root & Capt's TWRP. I have attached screen shots of all pertinent information.

I have experienced the network connectivity issues that this update supposedly addresses. I don't want or need a full rom. I'm looking for the bare minimum that will help with the "network connectivity/voice & data"

Someone please advise what's the best way to do this?
If you want to apply OTA as htc intended (from a stock ROM), you have to flash stock recovery, replace any factory apps you've deleted/frozen, ensure you have unmodded build.prop & default.xml. then you will be able to apply OTA through system updates as regular. make backup of any files/apps that you want to replace factory after OTA. its good to have a full backup anyway

This worked for me anyway

/system/build.prop
/system/customize/ACC/default.xml

If you do a full Titanium backup, you can also just flash A 1.54.651.10 Stock Rooted ROM, and then restore from backup

If you don't have an ext_sd, make sure to copy any backups/files to your PC for redundancy*

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
dude, I flashed the ota a million ways and my connectivity issues persist. I caved in, restored to full stock, got the insurance from sprint (it's open enrollment this month) and turned in my phone for repair. they got stumped on the issues too and ordered me a brand new one no charge. once it comes in I can remove the insurance from my account if I feel like it

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts