Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GlobalSat BT338 and Destinator PN on Tytn

Tip us?

alvchua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default GlobalSat BT338 and Destinator PN on Tytn

Hi, if anyone has had success using Destinator PN on the HTC Tytn, I would appreciate any help. I have a GlobalSat BT338 which I had previously used successfully on an O2 ATOM, but recently upgraded to a HTC Tytn. I cannot seem to get a Com Port to work - on Bluetooth pairing - setting an outgoing COM port - can only get Com 0, and Com 2 and Com 4 as available ports. Yet, on the Destinator PN Find GPS mode - only available Com options are Coms 1,5,6,7 and 8.

aadadams
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use the same receiver, but I have only used TTN6 and iguidance 3. Both allow the selection of the avialable com port (I chose Port 2). If there is no way to do it you kay want to switch the AS port to 2, 4, or 0, and then use the default AS port (port 5) to fix the problem.
Andre

Service: AT&T
Device: HTC Tilt2
Rom: 21684 (Standard)
Radio: 4.48.25.20

irv777
Old
Thanks Meter 15
First you've got to pair your GPS.

Then go to the "COM" tab in the bluetooth manager

Add a new outgoing port with the GPS as device (do not tick the serial port box)

* Copy the "DestinatorApps/Destinator/Destinator.ini" from the pocket pc to your desktop
* Open this in a hex editor and change where it says C.O.M.6 to the com port of your gps. Mine was Com5 so I just changed the 6 to a 5.
* Copy the "Destinator.ini" file back onto the PPC

birdie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have already had this problem and fixed it myself... do a quick search... there is a file you can download and it shows all com ports... much easier than doing a hex edit, etc...

njay22
Old
Thanks Meter 1
yes same here - I have got this to work a few months ago with the tytn and destinator pn - cant remember how - but it does work ...

alternatively, get the new destinator PN (6) - it lets you choose all the ports and works super fast!!