[Guide] Noobs guide to use Titanium Backup for backup and restore of apps.
This is a noobs Guide to how to use Titanium Backup .
Many of the users might have heard of a app named Titanium Backup. Its the most used app in the Android Market who frequently flash ROMS and for those who doesnt want to download all apps again and again from Store after flashing new ROMS.
What is Titanium Backup?
Titanium Backup is an app which can backup all your app+data in just one click(Even system apps but not recommened).Can delete system apps,convert system apps to user apps.
So how to use.
Note: Your phone must be rooted and USB debugging should be on which is present in developer options while installing.
Lets start with first thing you see after installation.
If you face a root acces failure then tap on option button of your phone scroll down tap on reload application.
You will see 3 tabs:
Overview will give you the short details of your root device and memory.
Like Root access. Data profile(Used to set any filters for a app). Memory details of your partitions and usage.
Backup/Restore will show the details of the apps installed in you phone.
You will see different type of apps highlighted in different colors
White: The apps you installed
Red: System apps which can be converted to system apps.
Yellow: Most important system apps which can not be moved(Dont uninstall or else you need to reflash your rom again).
Schedules sets a time for backup.
You can set the type of backup you want at a particular time.
Those who frequently change roms check the 4th post for restore and backup.
Here comes the real use of Titanium Backup. The backup/Restore Part.
Here you will see the list of apps installed in your phone.
First lets see how to backup a single app.
Now tap on the app.
You will see two tabs
a. Backup : This will backup your selected app as app+data.
b. Freeze : This will disable the app.
Rest of the things you know from the name
When backup is complete again tap on the app you took backup. You will see a tab Restore and delete of the app.
Select restore you will see 3 options App+Data, App Only , Data Only
App+Data will restore apk as well as data(Data consists of settings,login info in short user defined settings and all you made for that app)
App will restore app only. Data will restore data only.
It is made of 4 sections:
2. Play store/ Market
4. System ROM.
1General Section is easily understandable.(I hope You can)
In general section there is a option named " Send latest backup" you can send to other phone or store it locally and restore(Check 4th post). The backup is stored in .TiBkp
2. Playstore/Market shows the links of the app in playstore.
3. Storage Section is also understanable. In explore it shows the files it uses and the location of files where it is installed with DB)
4. System ROM section can be used to convert a user application app to system app.
In some app you will see "Force remove app" I would suggest dont click on it.
User app is shown in white after you convert it in system app it will become red.
1.General section there 4 options:
1 Filters: This section filters the apps you want to see. If you want to see only user apps select only User. The change can be seen in backup/Restore Tab. As you have selected user apps you will see all the apps in white.
2. Batch Restore: This section should be used properly. This section restores app+data in just one click.
This is distributed in 10 sections:
1. Verify Backup: Verifys backup.
2. Backup: Select the type of backup: Use the 1st one "Backup all user apps" Dont backup system data as it will create conflict in new rom when you restore it.
When you select this option all your user apps will be displayed.
3.Restore: This option will restore all backups.
When you select the 2nd option "Restore all apps with data". In top you will see three options App+Data, App only, Data Only.
If you dont want to restore a particular just untick that app and it will not be installed.
If you find that some apps are not restore just select the 1st option " Restore missing apps with data". It will show the list of unrestored apps.
4. Move/ Integrate: This section moves apps to sd card or from sd card to internel. Dont RUN the 3rd option "Integrate updates" As it will create a conflict.
5. Freeze/ Defrost: This section disables the apps.
6. Android Market: Links for the user apps.
7. Manipulate data: This section clears data of all user apps at once. Rest i didnt use so cant tell(Last 3 option).
8. Recovery mode: In this section you can create a update.zip of all your apps which can be flashed through recovery.
9. Uninstall: Will uninstall all your apps at once.
10. Delete Backups : This section will delete all the backup at once.
2. Play store /Market: This section consists of links of apps to the playstore.
3. Storage: In this 1st option shows the usage of the apps. Rest leave untouched.
4. Import: This will import the backups done by Titanium backup of a particular app (Check 2nd Post how to export a app)
5.Special Backup / Restore:
5.1 Backup data to xml : This section backup your msgs, call logs , wifi password.
5.2 Restore data from xml : This section will restore msgs, call logs , wifi password.
5.3 Extract from Nandroid backup : This section will restore app from the backup of your ROM made through recovery.
5.4 Extract from ADB Backup: Haven't used this feature so cant tell
6. Your Device: Reboot and Manage Android ID.
7. Special Feature:
It creates a update.zip of itself(Titanium Backup) which can be flashed through recovery.(Install Zipsigner from store to create update.zip)
Reload Application: Will Reload the app.
So finally you have restored all your apps. If you have missed an app to restore but dont want to take long process to restore just go to backup/restore tab. Scroll Down. You will see that particular app in strike through. Tap on that app. Select restore.
The backups are stored in sdcard in a folder named "Titanium Backup". Dont delete this folder or else you will lose all your backed up apps.
it is safe to remove Samsung Apps such as S Planner, S Voice using "Force remove app" function?
It is safe but make a backup first then remove it. As this are system apps I won't recommend to remove it cz this apps could be associated with other apps which may not work properly if you remove them..
Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?