No registration required

[GUIDE] Everything we know so far for DEVELOPER EDITION NOTE 3

OP oneandroidnut

13th November 2013, 03:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 425

2,270 posts
More
Here is a little guide I put together to hopefully help some people (all 20 of us) with developer edition note 3

I TAKE NO CREDIT THIS IS MERELY A GUIDE

WARRANTY IS VOID, KNOX WILL BE 0X1

Part 1: Flashing TWRP onto Developer Note 3

Step 1- Download and install Odin onto Windows PC http://uploaded.net/file/o2xcp01n

Step 2- Download T-Mobile yes T-Mobile TWRP Tar File http://www.techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/hltetmo

Step 3- Flash T-Mobile TWRP Tar File in Odin under the AP Slot ONLY!

BE CAREFUL IF YOU PLACE IN WRONG SLOT DEVICE WILL BE BRICKED WITH NO WAY BACK YET!

Side note phone will now say Set Warranty Bit: Recovery when booting into recovery. Don't worry this is normal. This is showing you what tripped warranty. More about this below later in guide.

Step 4- Flash Superuser (this step may not be required for some. my dev note booted me into recovery and asked me if I wanted to flash superuser. Others have had issues with this) http://download.chainfire.eu/365/Sup...erSU-v1.69.zip

Step 5- Make a complete backup of EVERYTHING in TWRP. Boot, Recovery, System, Data, Cache ALL OF THEM I have backed up to internal sdcard & external sdcard & even throw a backup on your pc just in case something catastrophic happens since we have no Odin stock files still!

Step 6- (optional) Flash a rom/kernel.

Rom Section: Right now we have a couple roms to choose from over here http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...-3/development

Big ups to @beanstown106 and @sbreen94 for cranking out the first roms so far!

Kernel Section: Now while we don't have any Verizon Developer Edition kernels so far we do have T-Mobile ones just like TWRP. Head over here to pick one out. I have tested all of the last night and all work without a hitch so far! http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...ig-development

Big ups to @Imoseyon and @morfic who i was both in conversation with about kernels!

Step 7- Enjoy!

Part 2: Restoring Boot.img if phone will not boot after rom or kernel install

If you get a kernel that won't run properly or boot loop or a rom like hyper lets say that will not boot on the developer edition without proper boot.img here is how you fix.

Step 1- Boot into TWRP. From phone being off use three finge method of vol up, power and home button to boot into twrp.

Step 2- Restore boot.img from the very important backup in step 5 from part one! This is why you have to have a backup of everything! Restore the boot.img only and reboot!

Step 3- Back to enjoy! lol

I do not take any credit for roms/kernel/recovery just sharing links and what I have done. Hope this guide helps!!
Last edited by oneandroidnut; 13th November 2013 at 04:14 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to oneandroidnut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

119 posts
Great job/idea on this guide!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stargzrr11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield, MA
Thanks Meter: 19,527

2,597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reserved.. lol

good guide so far i will be cooking up a flashable tar that should essentially bring us to stock mj7 with the exception of the bootloaders. its not the full thing cuz of no bootloaders but hey its better than what we have now :P

Ps- i thought i was the only one who knew about imoseyons kernels :P been testing them for him for a cpl days
Last edited by BeansTown106; 13th November 2013 at 04:06 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BeansTown106 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 154

804 posts
More
Thanks for taking the time and putting this together!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droidrev71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 04:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

95 posts
We can install any version of t-mobile twrp tar file right? 2.6.3.0 works the same as 2.6.3.8?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
13th November 2013, 04:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 425

2,270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchablez

We can install any version of t-mobile twrp tar file right? 2.6.3.0 works the same as 2.6.3.8?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

As far as i know it should work i am just on the most updated one
The Following User Says Thank You to oneandroidnut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 05:04 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 29

128 posts
Thanks for this thread!

I understand we don't have the recover .tar for the Verizon Developer edition, but one thing I'm confused about is when you mention we don't have a kernel yet, are you still referring to the recover tar?

How different is it from the Kernel.tar.gz file found here?:
http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...Value=SM-N900V

Code:
Kernel.tar.gz 139,510 KB
Platform.tar.gz 773,012 KB
README_Kernel.txt 1 KB
README_Platform.txt 1KB
13th November 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #8  
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 258

610 posts
More
some kernel input
Edit : This guid rocks, very accurate steps and sufficiently detailed ,

couple of questions: 1- my recovery states that it is unable to mount usb OTG ? i think . did every one else get that message?
2- I had to update update my samsung drivers , again for the millionth time, maybe a post to the newest samsung drivers would be helpful ? The ones included here helped odin finally recognize my phone
==================================

so i tried compulsion and imo's really quick.

Compulsion locked my phone at 2.2 ghz all last night ( i really hope i didnt shorten the life of my processor because of that )

Imos kernel like to sleep, so its a keeper, so far deep sleep was predominant on my phone, four hours of sleep in a 5 hour test .

I know every phone likes a different kernel

Just stating my observation
Last edited by jmichaels1982; 13th November 2013 at 05:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmichaels1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #9  
Flag San Gabriel Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 44

349 posts
More
awesome. thank you for posting this for us Dev Editioners. lol.

13th November 2013, 06:25 PM   |  #10  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 185

1,186 posts
More
@oneandroidnut

someone got bored at work

Good guide, hopefully this helps people who are constantly asking "what should I do with my dev edition"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
developer edition, galaxy note 3, note 3, verizon note
Previous Thread Next Thread