Update: Recommended only for users with ANCE build version.
You can downgrade using only the AP file without removing any user data (only some system modifications and root, but you can reroot of course).
Known Bugs on ANCE:
Private Mode does not enable.
Update 2: I believe you can enable download booster without replacing your SecSettings.apk and SecSettings.odex files, however this is not yet confirmed. For a guide to do it this way, see this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25545437261462
Use this services.jar NOT the one from the zip. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vziudszmba2l9zm/services.jar
ES File Explorer (make sure Root Mode is enabled)
v2.1 odex file from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719582
YMMV, so I recommend copying these four files from your system folder to somewhere safe (external sd or PC) just in case something goes wrong.
1. Download/unzip the SecSettings.apk, SecSettings.odex, and services.odex files from the zip. Download modified services.jar from here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vziudszmba2l9zm/services.jar )
2. Copy ALL FOUR files to the /system root folder
3. Fix all permissions to rw-r-r (3 checks in first column, first check in second, rest blank) DOUBLE CHECK THIS ON ALL FOUR(See Attached)
4. Copy SecSettings.apk and SecSettings.odex from the system root folder to the /system/priv-apps/ folder, choose overwrite all.
5. Copy services.JAR from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite again.
6. Copy services.ODEX from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite if asked.
PHONE WILL FREEZE AND REBOOT
Mine reodexed everything "Android is updating apps" on bootup.
btw HUGE thanks to RevelationOmega for doing the hard part!!
Edit: Possible fixes if experiencing issues (not tested or confirmed working) I am on Baseband AND3 with Build ANCE. If you experience issues, try ODIN to ANCE (this will not delete user apps), reroot, update SuperSU binaries, and then follow the steps below. This is exactly what I did when it worked for me (no xposed installed beforehand, only after and all seems well).
TO GET THE QUICKSETTINGS TILE
1. Download SQlite editor (the one in the screenie works best)
2. In apps, find settings storage > settings.db > system
3. Search for notification
4. Choose Notification_Panel_Active_App_List (there are a few VERY similar ones, make sure its the right one.
5. Add NetworkBooster; as seen in screenshot attached.
TESTING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
0. Make sure you are connected to WIFI and LTE (Does not work on regular 4G or lower)
1. Open the Play Store
2. Find the app called DCIkonZ (or any app over 30 mb)
3. Install app as normal. You should get a popup as seen in attached and see a toast saying Download Booster enabled...