Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,220 Members 37,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dreamcast (Reicast) Compatibility List/Troubleshooting (MAR 12 2014) *ALL DEVICES

Tip us?

L1qu1d
Old
(Last edited by L1qu1d; 22nd January 2014 at 06:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Dreamcast (Reicast) Compatibility List/Troubleshooting (MAR 12 2014) *ALL DEVICES

*Due to certain users intentionally or unintentionally deleting and messing with spreadsheet I was forced to create the official and unofficial spreadsheets this way people can still add, but it's in a controlled environment. I was hoping to avoid this since it means more work on my part, and less frequent updates (at least until some users are added to be able to edit official).

Google Play Emulator Link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icast.emulator

R6 Beta - Courtesy of hooby3dfx

Latest Compiled Beta Builds *Courtesy of ricardo85x
Download Here

For Bios:
Simple copy the files dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin (I also placed dc_flash_wb.bin just in case) into "This PC\SHIELD\Internal storage\dc\data"
*Please note that the bios must be placed in the internal Storage not the SDCard like the instructions original state

For Memory Card:
You must use R6 Beta (as far as I can see you can try r5).
First go into the bios (so the system menu), format the memory card in the first slot and set it up. Once done, you should now be able to save games.

Recommendations
-Try converting GDI to CHD, saves a lot of space on disk (use program Here Windows) Thanks to ricardo85x

Contributors

HobsonA, ricardo85x, hooby3dfx, hazindu, elconejotres, MRCANNADY, TheBasterd, beamquaker, adladl, rag66628, uoykcuf86
*Since the thread is sort of ballooning if you want yoru name in the contributors and I didn't catch your contribution pm me
Read the Patent Number Bitch!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to L1qu1d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

L1qu1d
Old
(Last edited by L1qu1d; 7th January 2014 at 01:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
How I mapped the controller using Nvidia's built in mapper
Also note that I used Right bumper to map the start button, for me only because the other buttons on the Nvidia shield have other tasks, and the play button cannot be used.

The Following User Says Thank You to L1qu1d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

L1qu1d
Old
(Last edited by L1qu1d; 12th March 2014 at 09:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Game list and Bug Reports
*Work in progress (juggling school, work and this. Feel free to edit and add to it, it's open to public. Just please keep the format and be mature)
*List is subject to change! Results may vary from user to user.
*Memory card functions aren't working yet, nor are options. Devs commented that they would be main available soon (Fixed in R6 Beta)

Updates

Update 2014-03-12
-Minor update to legend and some spreadsheets

Update 2014-01-25
-Updated Official List
-Added 4th color for games that work, boot but aren't quite 100% working or perfect. (example frame rate dips or minor graphical anomalies)
-Orange will remain as semi-playable/playable, but must work.
-Added color legend

Update 2014-01-20
-Created copy editable back up of official Spreadsheet.
-For now only I will edit (and a handful of users) the Official spreadsheet.

Update 2014-01-17
-Added Column "Format" (Say whether it's CDI/BIN/CHD ...etc)
-Added Snapdragon S4 Pro
-Galaxy Tab 2 (PowerVR SGX540) was added by rag66628
-ricardo85x added Build reicast-20140117_138.apk to his compiles. Make sure you thank him for his efforts. *See link above or Spreadsheet

Update 2014-01-15
-Added Columns "Bios Used" and "Region"
-Clean up
-Still debating on Keeping multiple sheets for different devices, Might end up Keeping 1 or 2 sheets and making people enter device used in column. Any ideas are appreciated.

Update 2014-01-14
-Deleted Xperia Z, and added Soc names instead. (Snapdragon 600/800, exynos Octa, Tegra 3)
-Specialty devices left as is (JXD, gamepad 2 etc)
-Cleaned up list.

Update 2014-01-12
-Arranged everything in Alphabetical Order
-Added New Device jxd s7800b Sheet
-Added Reicast Build Downloads Sheet

Google Spreadsheet - Official (View-able/Not Editable)

Google Spreadsheet - Unofficial (View-able/Editable)

Spreadsheet Editors

uoykcuf86

Rules/Guidelines For Editing Spreadsheet/Compatibility

1. All users and none users are welcome to alter the Spreadsheet.

2. If you do not know how to put everything in alphabetical order, simply leave 1 row empty below the list and type them there.

3. If you are using a device other than the Nvidia Shield please look for it's name among the spread sheets. If it's not there simply add a new sheet with your device's name on it. If you don't know how simply write it in forum or somewhere on spreadsheet out of the way and myself or someone else will place it where it should be.

4. All headings must be filled in with exception of Screenshot.

5. This one is not really a rule, more of a courtesy. Hit the Thanks Button for the users you see contributing. It shows you appreciate their efforts and dedication.

6. Will update more later

7. PM me to get access to official Spreadsheet, I might not see it in forum.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to L1qu1d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HobsonA
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Emulator seems to map controls now and San Fransisco Rush 2049 seems to be running as perfect as I can tell at the moment if you want to add that to your list.
Moto G (Stock 4.4)
Huawei Fusion II (CM7)
Nvidia Shield (Stock 4.3)
Nook Tablet (Rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to HobsonA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricardo85x
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Soul Reaver - almost perfect(I can't remember any problem )
Skies Of Arcadia - Plays great, almost no graphics issues.

It is look like the Revision 6 will fix the problem with Shenmue 1.

I also recomend to use GDI or CHD.

You can convert GDI to CHD(to save a lot of space on disk) with this app for windows:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pk...GDI+to+CHD.rar
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricardo85x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

L1qu1d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Thanks guys posted, I will have some time to get caught up this week/weekend. It's been hectic recovering from power outage and holidays.

hooby3dfx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Without doing any mapping on my own the left stick, a/b/x/y buttons, and l/r trigger worked out of the box.
I only noticed today that the dpad did not work, so i added that to the mapping. Sucks that using that will make the on-screen touch input overlay show up.

Does anyone know what the menu buttons do (when you press back)? I can tell that the left most quits.
Too bad you cant map the shield start button.

My compatibility notes:
-MDK2 - fantastic except for sniper mode, there is a gfx glitch that is drawing the floor in front of the view.
-Powerstone - perfect, minor gfx glitches
-Virtua Tennis - perfect, minor gfx glitches
-Rez - perfect, minor gfx glitches
-Street Fighter 3 Third Strike - playable but heavy gfx glitches with the 2D sprite animations
-Ooga Booga - can hear music but black screen
-Star Wars Episode 1 Racer - starts up fine but crashes at menu when you press start button

Havent been able to get to boot:
-Sega Bass Fishing
-Dynamite Cop
-Half-life/Blue shift

How do you know when the next reicast update is coming out?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hooby3dfx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hooby3dfx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
OK - I'm finding a lot of 'news' on the emulator by looking at the github repo.
Dpad fix is coming soon:
github.com/reicast/reicast-emulator/commit/eedb4ac233d31ed38045e5e88672590f86bf9dff

I logged issues for MDK2 as well as one to make an official compatibility wiki!
The Following User Says Thank You to hooby3dfx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

L1qu1d
Old
(Last edited by L1qu1d; 6th January 2014 at 11:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooby3dfx View Post
OK - I'm finding a lot of 'news' on the emulator by looking at the github repo.
Dpad fix is coming soon:
github.com/reicast/reicast-emulator/commit/eedb4ac233d31ed38045e5e88672590f86bf9dff

I logged issues for MDK2 as well as one to make an official compatibility wiki!
Thanks for feedback and work you've done it's appreciated I will update the thread as soon as I can (just started class so just a little swamp already).

Feel free to pm me, or if you want faster contact I can give you my email in pm or steam name (if you use steam).

Thanks! for info it looks immense!

Edit: Nvm decided to at least add the games now since I feel like it's important info for ppl

ricardo85x
Old
(Last edited by ricardo85x; 7th January 2014 at 04:05 PM.) Reason: add compatibility
Thanks Meter 23
The link of GDI TO CHD is dead
you can use this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pk...GDI+to+CHD.rar

compatibility:
Record of LODOS WAR now is working with beta apk, there was a bug in r5 where the game hangs after you hit a enemy.

The Following User Says Thank You to ricardo85x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]