[GUIDE] Download Booster Working (Verizon Version)
MODIFIED TO NOW WORK WITH VERIZON.
Confirmed working on Verizon Retail Edition and Dev Edition (no flashing involved, just what is listed here)
OKAY guys I got it working. See screenshots. AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS
Use this services.jar NOT the one from the zip. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vjq70yfdxrmmj9/services.jar
ES File Explorer (make sure Root Mode is enabled)
v2.1 odex file from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719582
YMMV, so I recommend copying these two files from your system folder to somewhere safe (external sd or PC) just in case something goes wrong.
1. Download/unzip the services.odex file from the zip. Download modified services.jar from here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vjq70yfdxrmmj9/services.jar
2. Copy Both files to the /system root folder
3. Fix all permissions to rw-r-r (3 checks in first column, first check in second, rest blank) DOUBLE CHECK THIS (See Attached)
4. Copy services.JAR from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite.
5. Copy services.ODEX from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite again.
Mine took a few minutes to boot up, and reodexed everything "Android is updating apps".
btw HUGE thanks to RevelationOmega for doing the hard part!!
Also thanks to joshw0000 and Joderme for testing/helping me come up with this!
TURNING ON DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
CREATE A SHORTCUT TO ENABLE
1. Download AnyCut from the play store (icon is a mushroom)
2. Open the app, and choose New Shortcut > Activity
3. Find Download Booster
4. This should add a shortcut icon to your Home Screen
5. Use shortcut to turn it on.
TO GET THE QUICKSETTINGS TILE
1. Download SQlite editor (the one in the screenie works best)
2. In apps, find settings storage > settings.db > system
3. Search for notification
4. Find the three labeled Notification_Panel_Active_App_List, notification_panel_default_active_app_list and Notification_Panel_Active_App_List_for_Reset, add it to all of these.
5. Add NetworkBooster; as seen in screenshot attached.
6. Go to Settings > Notification Panel > and press Reset
TESTING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
0. Make sure you are connected to WIFI and LTE (Does not work on regular 4G or lower)
1. Open the Play Store
2. Find the app called DCIkonZ (or any app over 30 mb)
3. Install app as normal. You should get a popup as seen in attached and see a toast saying Download Booster enabled...
If you'd like to donate just PM me for PayPal. Hope you enjoy.