Confirmed working on Verizon Retail Edition
1. ES File Explorer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.pop&hl=en
- Make sure to enable root by going to the little icon (globe with phone on it) in upper left corner > Tools > Root Explorer > On
2. Download the modified services.odex and services.jar from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs6y60vb63...ices_files.zip
ONCE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THE ABOVE:
1. Copy both modified services.odex and services.jar to your phone if you downloaded them to your computer (if you downloaded them to your phone then unzip and move to next step)
2. Copy or move the modified services.odex and services.jar to the /system folder in the root directory of the phone using ES File Explorer
3. Fix permissions on both files to rw-r-r (3 checks in first column, first check in second, rest blank)
- To fix permissions, longpress on the file and it will be checked off, then click in lower right corner: More > Properties > Change (next to permissions)
4. Copy services.JAR from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, select overwrite.
5. Copy services.ODEX from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, select overwrite.
6. Your phone should pause for 10-15seconds and reboot. If it doesn't reboot automatically then reboot manually.
TURNING ON DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
CREATE A SHORTCUT
1. Download AnyCut - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.anycut&hl=en
2. Open the app, and choose New Shortcut > Activity
3. Scroll down a bit (screen is blank at the top) find "Download Booster"
4. This should add a shortcut icon to your Home Screen
5. Click the shortcut you just created and you can now turn on the Download Booster.
HOW TO GET THE QUICKSETTINGS TILE
1. Download SQlite Editor - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ware.sqleditor
2. Open SQlite and then under Apps find settings storage > settings.db > system
3. In the search box search for "notification" (without quotation marks)
4. Find the following items:
5. Select on of the above items, once selected choose the pencil icon (edit)
• Add NetworkBooster; to the end of the "value" field as seen in screenshot attached.
6. Once you have completed it for all 3 items above you may exit SQlite
7. Go to Settings > Notification Panel > and press Reset
TESTING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
0. Make sure you are connected to WIFI and LTE (Does not work on regular 4G or lower)
1. Open the Play Store
2. Find the app called DCIkonZ (or any app over 30 mb)
3. Install app as normal. You should get a popup saying Download Booster enabled...