[MOD] Enable Stock Hotspot on Verizon
I have gotten the built-in wireless tether to work. I know there's been some discussion about getting Wireless tether without FoxFi and similar.
Since we cannot use the recovery method directly, you can still use the tools and everything from it.
So to begin:
Obviously, you must have root for this to work.
1) Download the patch.zip from the original thread. [here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2768837
2) extract the zip to somewhere on sdcard. I extracted mine to the Download folder. You may need to edit the script below to reflect your locations.
3) okay, this part gets a little weird, but bear with me...
Save this code as run.sh in Download folder or wherever you extracted. You can over-write the old run.sh if you save it in toggle folder where original was located-- BE SURE TO EDIT AS REQUIRED
cp /mnt/sdcard/Download/toggle/sqlite3 /data/local/tmp/sqlite3
chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/sqlite3
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 /system
cp /system/framework/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk.bak
cp /mnt/sdcard/Download/system/framework/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
/data/local/tmp/sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db < /mnt/sdcard/Download/toggle/toggles.sql
4) now open up adb on pc (preferred!!! So you can still see progress and if necesary you can undo/alter/fix things) or terminal emulator (untested but should work, may be weird since you have to reboot phone while it's interface is locked up)
sh /mnt/sdcard/Download/toggle/run.sh [or where ever you saved it]
5) Your phone will probably lock up now because you've just replaced the framework-res.apk while the system was running.
adb reboot or reboot by other methods.
6) Profit ;]
I DO NOT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THIS METHOD. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK