Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 51,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATE] Galaxy S5 Developer edition ROOT & RECOVERY

Tip us?

das7982
Old
(Last edited by das7982; 7th May 2014 at 11:00 PM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Default [UPDATE] Galaxy S5 Developer edition ROOT & RECOVERY

Guys I can confirm the twrp klte recovery .tar file available on twrp's website works for the Verizon GS5 development edition phone. I am rooted as well

**This thread is aimed at folks who have already acquired the developer phone and need a little guidance and/or concrete evidence that is easy to find regarding how they should proceed with recovery and root. The other threads were geared towards linking folks to a .com site for purchase and the pros and cons of the dev edition.

Follow me @Bash_array
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399493763683.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	2731194   Click image for larger version

Name:	1399493780950.jpg
Views:	1580
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	2731195  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to das7982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skeetch79
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by das7982 View Post
Guys I can confirm the twrp klte recovery .tar file available on twrp's website works for the Verizon GS5 development edition phone. I am rooted as well

Follow me @Bash_array
Did you flash TWRP then install the Superuser zip in order to gain root?

das7982
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetch79 View Post
Did you flash TWRP then install the Superuser zip in order to gain root?
Download the superuser.zip file of your choice (I used SuperSu). Flash TWRP Klte recovery image using ODIN.... Bootloader is unlocked out of the box. Then flash superuser zip via TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to das7982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skeetch79
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Download the superuser.zip file of your choice (I used SuperSu). Flash TWRP Klte recovery image using ODIN.... Bootloader is unlocked out of the box. Then flash superuser zip via TWRP
I have the DevS4... so identical process. But DevS4 can also use saferoot and preserve stock recovery

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9395
Moderator Comment: There is a reason for the report button; please make your comments germane to the thread topic, avoid arguing with anyone in the open forum, and be respectful at all times. We have a threadbare thread due to not following the aforementioned basic standards of decency.
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

timeToy
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:

**This thread is aimed at folks who have already acquired the developer phone and need a little guidance and/or concrete evidence that is easy to find regarding how they should proceed with recovery and root. The other threads were geared towards linking folks to a .com site for purchase and the pros and cons of the dev edition.

Follow me @Bash_array
Awesome, my DE SG5 is waiting for me at home, will try soon and confirm. Thanks!

razzrmaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 25
How did you guys activate the phone on your verizon account? Did you take it to them or do you just swap sim card?

TechSavvy2
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx View Post
How did you guys activate the phone on your verizon account? Did you take it to them or do you just swap sim card?
Swap sim cards.

timeToy
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx View Post
I activated online and typed in the IMEI and the serial# of the SIM card that was in the phone.

BTW: it's working fine, here are the files I used:

1. Drivers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555
2. Odin: http://samsung-updates.com/Odin307.zip
3. TWRP: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/klte
4. Root: http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to timeToy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinfulmatik
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey I'm very happy that you posted this thread up. I got my s5 Developer Edition a couple of days ago and it been sitting until someone could confirm this. With that being said.
What should us owners of the S5 Developer Edition do next? How could we retain a factory img of our current firmware (without losing unlocked bootlaoder status) since there is no factory image available directly from Samsung or verizon. Also, could we flash roms from other devices such as 900f, 900t, etc.... ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sinfulmatik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]