Question

[Q] Battery Draining (and heat up) issues?

17th June 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
I'm pretty happy with my Sprint LG G2 (although not with Sprint - since switching to the LG G2 from a GS3 it's been horrible - am still working with them to resolve everything), but lately my phone has been getting extremely hot at times and this definitely seems to contribute to the battery draining faster. It definitely seems to happen when I take my phone out (i.e. when driving, not on my home WiFI network and in my home, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone has any good tips for trying to figure out what might be causing this and how I can get better battery life and avoid these heat-ups/battery drains?

I already tried disabling the Sprint Connections Optimizer, and now I'm wondering if the constant connection/disconnection from Optimum WiFi hotspots (since I'm an Optimum customer and have enabled my phone to connect to Optimum hotspots when in range) could be causing this?

Thanks!
17th June 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 376

775 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbressman

I'm pretty happy with my Sprint LG G2 (although not with Sprint - since switching to the LG G2 from a GS3 it's been horrible - am still working with them to resolve everything), but lately my phone has been getting extremely hot at times and this definitely seems to contribute to the battery draining faster. It definitely seems to happen when I take my phone out (i.e. when driving, not on my home WiFI network and in my home, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone has any good tips for trying to figure out what might be causing this and how I can get better battery life and avoid these heat-ups/battery drains?

I already tried disabling the Sprint Connections Optimizer, and now I'm wondering if the constant connection/disconnection from Optimum WiFi hotspots (since I'm an Optimum customer and have enabled my phone to connect to Optimum hotspots when in range) could be causing this?

Thanks!

Well there are a few points to consider:
First off, your phone will get hot no matter what - but how hot is it? If it's above 40 degrees celcius (above 104 fahrenheit) then there's something to it. If it's staying below that temperature, that's perfectly normal.
What could be causing that? Well, as you pointed out, Sprint has a lot of bloat, and that could definitely contribute to the battery drain and increased temperature. But it could also be some rogue app running in the background. If you aren't rooted, it's extremely difficult to find the culprit.

Another thing:
When I'm home and connected to a WiFi all time, I can get 5-5.5 hours of SOT with about 24-40 hours of standby.
When I'm travelling, I only seem to get 3.5-4 hours of screen on time with much less standby time. That's how it is, and trust me, I've done my best to figure out what to do without rooting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread