Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Computer wont recognize my phone anymore...

Tip us?
 
Ralliartevo
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Murfreesboro
Default Computer wont recognize my phone anymore...

Tried to hook my phone up to my windows computer thru USB to add music. Phone charges but won't show up in device list. What an I doing wrong here?



SPH-L900 GALAXY NOTE 2 (SPRINT)
Android version 4.3.1
cyanogenmod version 10.2-20131214 snapshot
kernal version 3.0.64-CMg9d16c8a
 
Skripka
Old
#2  
Skripka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: On the top Loading Rail
First thing. Try a known good USB cable.
 
Ralliartevo
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Murfreesboro
It was. It's the USB that came with the phone. I've used it tons of times Before the root to load music. This is the first time it didn't work. Also tried written USB slots.


SPH-L900 GALAXY NOTE 2 (SPRINT)
Android version 4.3.1
cyanogenmod version 10.2-20131214 snapshot
kernal version 3.0.64-CMg9d16c8a
 
Skripka
Old
#4  
Skripka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: On the top Loading Rail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliartevo View Post
It was. It's the USB that came with the phone. I've used it tons of times Before the root to load music. This is the first time it didn't work. Also tried written USB slots.


SPH-L900 GALAXY NOTE 2 (SPRINT)
Android version 4.3.1
cyanogenmod version 10.2-20131214 snapshot
kernal version 3.0.64-CMg9d16c8a
USB cables, especially microUSB cables that are narrow gauge wear out. First thing to go is data transmission, then charging will become slower or stop as the connection becomes more and more intermittent. That you're still using the OEM cable implies an old cable that could well be failing. My OEM Note 2 cable died a long way back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skripka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
g_money
Old
#5  
g_money's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 286
Posts: 370
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliartevo View Post
Tried to hook my phone up to my windows computer thru USB to add music. Phone charges but won't show up in device list. What an I doing wrong here?

Did you reinstall your samsung drivers?

SPH-L900 GALAXY NOTE 2 (SPRINT)
Android version 4.3.1
cyanogenmod version 10.2-20131214 snapshot
kernal version 3.0.64-CMg9d16c8a


Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2


I'm just saying....
g_money

PROUD owner of a Sprint Galaxy sIII
(My wife thinks her Note2 is better.
She gets no root access until she apologizes...)
The Following User Says Thank You to g_money For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ralliartevo
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Murfreesboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka View Post
USB cables, especially microUSB cables that are narrow gauge wear out. First thing to go is data transmission, then charging will become slower or stop as the connection becomes more and more intermittent. That you're still using the OEM cable implies an old cable that could well be failing. My OEM Note 2 cable died a long way back.
Dually noted. I'll look into getting a newer cable and a better one at that


SPH-L900 GALAXY NOTE 2 (SPRINT)
Android version 4.3.1
cyanogenmod version 10.2-20131214 snapshot
kernal version 3.0.64-CMg9d16c8a
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes