[Q] Galaxy S5 just rebooted with an unlocked lock saying "custom" powered by android

Search This thread

Khrimzunn

Feb 28, 2014
The Burg of Martins
[Q] Galaxy S5 just rebooted with an unlocked lock saying "custom" powered by android

Ok, so I was just chilling with my new S5 and all of a sudden this thing rebooted. I didn't think much about it, but the thing is that when it rebooted insted of the bootup saying "samsung galaxy S5 Powered by Android" it said "Samsung Galaxy S5 (unlocked lock icon) custom Powered by Android".

Now I rebooted it again and the same thing happened. Now I did not root my phone or unlock or anything. All I did was enable developer mode because I like the show touches option and switch over to ART from Dalvik.

This is the SM-G900A.

ADDENDUM: I just got this phone four days ago. Switched from JB iPhone 4S

Last edited:

Glas4d

Nov 30, 2007
Totally normal, it's because you enabled ART. Just re enable dalvik to remove the custom boot icon. I suppose samsung chose to do this because ART isn't officially supported.

Reactions: Khrimzunn

Khrimzunn

Feb 28, 2014
The Burg of Martins
Totally normal, it's because you enabled ART. Just re enable dalvik to remove the custom boot icon. I suppose samsung chose to do this because ART isn't officially supported.

I rebooted my phone twice after enabling ART and it didn't show up. First time it was updating things, second time I just wanted to reboot it to see how long it really takes to boot up. This just randomly rebooted itself. Battery is low, yeah, but I'm confused at why it decided to reboot itself just now.

Also any work on a root for the 900A?

Glas4d

Nov 30, 2007
I rebooted my phone twice after enabling ART and it didn't show up. First time it was updating things, second time I just wanted to reboot it to see how long it really takes to boot up. This just randomly rebooted itself. Battery is low, yeah, but I'm confused at why it decided to reboot itself just now.

There is a root available by geohot that was released a few days ago. Do some research before diving into the realm of android. If your new to the platform I wouldn't want you to brick your new device. I personally love rooting but tripping my knox warranty bit scares me (however geohot's root is said to NOT trip the warranty bit).

Your random restart is a bit perplexing though. It was likely due to the fact that art is experimental and it was in the process of rebuilding a bunch of system files. It can take a few hours or even days for your phone to fully settle into a new runtime environment.

Reactions: Khrimzunn

Khrimzunn

Feb 28, 2014
The Burg of Martins
Ok, well I guess that works. To be honest this isn't the first android I owned. I had a kurio 7s and was attempting to port ubuntu touch to it. Got nowhere and then I fell on it so it broke. I didn't see any roots, but thenagain I don't even know where to look and what to trust. anyway, towelroot worked for me. I'm tempted to install Cyanogen on it, my issue is that I LIKE the extra galaxy features. So I guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks for the responses though.

Alicatt8864

Aug 5, 2017
Everson
My phone a galaxy s5 Verizon now says custom on start up screen? Ever since I fell asleep last night and left my phone out next to me, it says custom and has a pic of an unlocked lock? So, my jealous boyfriend tries to get onto my phone all the time. I do have the basic pattern screen lock on it but he will still try and bypass it when he has a chance, total ****. So I have no idea how to root or how to do ART or any of that stuff you guys are talking about, is my phone hacked by him? Did he lookup something online to get into my phone and now it says this? Is it messed up? Help?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is a root available by geohot that was released a few days ago. Do some research before diving into the realm of android. If your new to the platform I wouldn't want you to brick your new device. I personally love rooting but tripping my knox warranty bit scares me (however geohot's root is said to NOT trip the warranty bit).

Your random restart is a bit perplexing though. It was likely due to the fact that art is experimental and it was in the process of rebuilding a bunch of system files. It can take a few hours or even days for your phone to fully settle into a new runtime environment.